Sponsored

Mopar LCA swap

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@Vrrooom was just talking with another Forum member and we were curious if the Xtreme Recon came with the longer Mopar LCAs automatically or possibly Jeep introduced something even longer for the XR due to the extra lift and larger tires. Based on your comments and photos looks like the XR factory LCAs are the same as a stock Rubicon. Such a shame Jeep hasn't invested or corrected this on stock Rubicons as well as the XR packages. We have all noticed such dramatic difference on the Rubicons going to these longer Mopar LCAs on correcting caster. Think how many people don't follow the forums or have any knowledge to know such a cheap and relatively easy job can make such a difference in their Jeep driving experience.
Yeah, it's so bizarre that they let this debacle continue since they have part bins full of the longer LCAs, c'mon FCA, get a clue!!!
Sponsored

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
@Vrrooom was just talking with another Forum member and we were curious if the Xtreme Recon came with the longer Mopar LCAs automatically or possibly Jeep introduced something even longer for the XR due to the extra lift and larger tires. Based on your comments and photos looks like the XR factory LCAs are the same as a stock Rubicon. Such a shame Jeep hasn't invested or corrected this on stock Rubicons as well as the XR packages. We have all noticed such dramatic difference on the Rubicons going to these longer Mopar LCAs on correcting caster. Think how many people don't follow the forums or have any knowledge to know such a cheap and relatively easy job can make such a difference in their Jeep driving experience.
Yeah I was surprised. I checked the part number on my factory arms and they matched the stock Rubicon LCA. I only went with the Mopar because they’re indistinguishable to a dealer and right now my Jeep is all ‘stock’. But a noticeable improvement for sure.

This and the Synergy track bar and sector shaft brace along with fox shocks are my mods. Keeping it as close to stock as possible with minor improvements.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
It’s absolutely asinine that the XRs are built with the regular LCAs. The Rubicons should all come with the longer LCAs.

My experience is that the Mopar LCAs increased the caster on my ‘19 Rubicon from 4.7* to 6.0*, which helped.

I put adjustable LCAs on my ‘20 and got my caster to ~7*—muuuuuuch better!

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
It really make me wonder wtf the enrgs at fiat are actually doing!!!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
It really make me wonder wtf the enrgs at fiat are actually doing!!!
Maybe they want the poor Rubicon owners to frequent the service dept so they can upsell them on something else :( :( :(

Sponsored

cbmjeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito and 03' Rubicon
This is great info and I had an alignment issue and the dealer did an alignment back to spec and it still pulls and has some drift. I am taking it back in Monday and they will be looking at changing the steering box and checking the track bar under 2 TSB's to see what is going on. I am 40 miles left on my 36000 mile warranty! Someone replied to my post and did mention longer arms to get the caster better. Does seem strange that FCA would not use different lengths to make things right, but money is money to them! I agree that Teraflex is the way to go since they have Dennis telling me so :)

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I haven’t posted on this thread in a while but I am happy to see people continuing to put on the longer LCAs on their jeeps. I threw these on at the same time with the dynatrac endurosport 2” lift on my 2021 JLUR almost half a year ago now and it’s still driving like a champ. I wanted to retain my stock rubicon caster with the longer LCAs to at least not make the wandering worse but I was pleasantly surprised that, even with the 2” lift, my caster angle increased from the stock mid-4 degrees to around 5.6 degrees. The biggest difference I noticed with the one degree increase in caster was how much better the steering wheel would straighten itself after taking a turn and letting go. Before the lift and mopar LCA, I would always rotate the steering wheel back myself after taking a turn because it wouldn’t straighten on its own quick enough. Driving on freeways are also better, I don’t have to do any tiny adjustments to the steering and the jeep keeps straight when I let go of the steering.

My father was even more surprised since he just knew that my jeep was getting lifted and he was sure the driving characteristics would get much worse because of past experiences with his buddies overbuilding their JKs so much that it was almost impossible to drive them on paved roads. He couldn’t understand how it could improve when he was expecting the opposite.

In my opinion, this is the cheapest mod out there that will provide the biggest noticeable positive change in your jeep.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
This is great info and I had an alignment issue and the dealer did an alignment back to spec and it still pulls and has some drift. I am taking it back in Monday and they will be looking at changing the steering box and checking the track bar under 2 TSB's to see what is going on. I am 40 miles left on my 36000 mile warranty! Someone replied to my post and did mention longer arms to get the caster better. Does seem strange that FCA would not use different lengths to make things right, but money is money to them! I agree that Teraflex is the way to go since they have Dennis telling me so :)
We appreciate the support! I'll make sure to tell Dennis that someone is actually listening to his rambling. ;)

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
That's the first time I've seen the joints on the Mopar arms with better detail. It looks like they are more similar to a dual durometer bushing than a standard clevite that I assumed they were.

Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Teraflex seems to have bushing issues from what I've read in this thread...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ack-bars-who’s-had-no-issue-on-your-jl.69209/
The bushing "issues" on the track bars was directly related to the heim joint style design of the bushing which lead to many being misdiagnosed as faulty which was not correct. We've now since updated the bushing/joint design to resolve that; I posted a update with more details in pictures in that linked thread.

On a direct note for this thread our Sport/Alpine/Alpine IR control arms do not use that style of bushing and will not have any of those related "issues" or complaints.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That's the first time I've seen the joints on the Mopar arms with better detail. It looks like they are more similar to a dual durometer bushing than a standard clevite that I assumed they were.
Correct! For some reason, the mopar control arms use a better bushing than the factory arms.

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
First, forgive me for being lazy but, I only read a few of the first and the last couple of pages. So, My JLUR has a build date of Aug 21 and is currently stock. New house being built should be done by May so waiting to have a garage before starting on Mods. First up, AEV 2.5 Dualsport and 35"s. So, my question is...even though the AEV lift comes with Geo Correction Brackets, should I do the Longer LCA's anyway at the time of installing the lift or will the Geo Brackets take care of the caster with the stock LCA's?

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
First, forgive me for being lazy but, I only read a few of the first and the last couple of pages. So, My JLUR has a build date of Aug 21 and is currently stock. New house being built should be done by May so waiting to have a garage before starting on Mods. First up, AEV 2.5 Dualsport and 35"s. So, my question is...even though the AEV lift comes with Geo Correction Brackets, should I do the Longer LCA's anyway at the time of installing the lift or will the Geo Brackets take care of the caster with the stock LCA's?
The Geo correction brackets have 3 settings and should get the front caster to spec. You’ll want 6-6.5 degrees. In the event they don’t, you can run the longer Mopar LCA with geo brackets.
I am running the same lift and you will definitely want an adjustable front Track bar.

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired