Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I just got my jeep back from having the steering TSB fix done and honestly it's kind of worse than before. There's still a fairly large dead spot in the center of the steering but the wheel now kind of "wakes up" when it leaves the dead spot either left or right with a pulling feel. Not only that but now there's a clicking sound when oscillating around the dead spot.

Here's a video I recorded of the sound the jeep makes now around the dead spot, it did not make this sound prior to the TSB.

I brought it straight back to the dealer who did the fix after driving for 10 minutes and am now waiting to see what can be done.

Anyone else deal with this situation?
Take it back to the Dealer tell them unacceptable fix it right ! Explain to them you now have a clicking noise that wasn't there before .
Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I have the fox 2.0 stabilizer and mine pulls to the left. :headbang: (not the ATS model)
That's what happens when you install that type. They pull to the left. It's not just Fox, all of them do if not the "shaft Through" type.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
That's what happens when you install that type. They pull to the left. It's not just Fox, all of them do if not the "shaft Through" type.
Except mine pulls to the right... I still need to check mine to see if it's the shaft through model.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I'm joining the disgruntled line.

My TSB box was completed last week and I immediately noticed a dull spot in the steering on my 3-mile trip home. I took it for a 50-mile drive yesterday and the slop was back, but then it started pulling to the left briefly, then it didn't, then it did.

How on Earth can Jeep, who has been installing worm/roller steering boxes since WWII, be having problems with a basic primary subsystem part? There are no options! It either works or it doesn't and mine doesn't.

Jeez...

Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I am still very hesitant to get this TSB done given the negative stories here.

bhamjl

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Following along as I've had the same issue...

Here's my experience thus far:
I bought a '19 JLU with 29k mi on it from a [chevy] dealer. During the test drive, I noticed it pulling right...which I just attributed to needing an alignment.
Next day, it went into a death wobble on the interstate at 70mph after a bridge bump.
Found this forum and the TSB, discovered the new steering stabilizer was installed backwards.
Chevy dealer took it to the Jeep dealer for warranty work.
When I picked it up from the Jeep dealer, I asked what they did to resolve. He said the stabilizer orientation wouldn't resolve a death wobble, but they flipped it around anyway. He said the steering gear was bad and replaced. They also checked the trac bar.
Since then, no more death wobble BUT there's a lot of play in the steering as you've described, but no sounds. There's 1-2 inches of play that doesn't seem constant. It feels as if it's not as bad when first getting in it or at slower speeds. It's a dead spot where you just bump the wheel back and forth left and right on a straight road. I decided to give it a few weeks before taking it back to the dealer so I could be sure of myself and they wouldn't discredit me. I'll update afterwards.

OutWill

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Sorry if I missed it, only read pg 1 & 4. Are the 2021's having this issue or did they fix it at the factory? Ordered 9Sept and hoping to have it in ~3 weeks so didn't know if I should ask the dealer to check it out before I take possession.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if I missed it, only read pg 1 & 4. Are the 2021's having this issue or did they fix it at the factory? Ordered 9Sept and hoping to have it in ~3 weeks so didn't know if I should ask the dealer to check it out before I take possession.
21s have new cast iron box.

Mom2SNSH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Took mine to the dealer two days ago, they ordered all the parts and said they should be here within a week or so. I don’t know whether to be happy or dreading this now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Took mine to the dealer two days ago, are they ordered all the parts and said they should be here within a week or so. I don’t know whether to be happy or dreading this now.
Don't dread it. Odds are that you are going to love it. I know that I do.

Later,
Johnny

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My warranty is up so anything that goes wrong is on me and I won’t be relying on FCA and it’s bandaids to fix

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with this tread is in some cases people are thinking "the TSB didn't fix my problem" when the problem is that the TSB wasn't done properly by the Garage they took it to so the tread may not represent well the fact that the TSB works. It worked for mine. They applied it and changed the box and I can now feel the road like normal and don't have any loose steering feel anymore and I can relax while drivin. Of course the jeep jerks on little road irregularities and moves a bit from that, but that to me feels like my old jeep and is totally fine cause I can control that with my input and I also can feel that as opposed to previously. if you think the TSB did not fix your problem, I'd be tempted to beleive the TSB was applied improperly or that you have "something else" in there creating the other issues.
Sponsored