Wrong Steering Gear Installed for TSB 08-074-20

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I learned to adjust steering boxes right when I started driving in 81.

Just because it's the same problem between two or more vehicles doesn't rule out the problem. Dealerships are good at pulling that one on people.

They tried that with me too. I responded with, well there's another one you'll be working on soon. I gave them a very detailed explanation of the problem. Gave them the TSB from memory and when they acted like they had never heard about it, I pulled out the printed TSB. They suddenly regained their memory, lol.

They literally said "we've never had anyone complaining about it" "that TSB must be for a different vehicle" Hahahaha!

They acted the same about the bubbling paint on the doors. Never heard of it either.
I found all those episodes were so severe I got away from Jeep ownership. That's why "It's a Jeep Thing" is in my signature.
I resolved to change my thoughts because they were so negative. I emphasize the positive. I had reached out to @JeepCares who properly directed me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Cares, since I am Canadian and so are my Jeeps. The gentleman there was extremely helpful after we had a heart-to-heart.
And because they solved the problem with the 2019 JLU, introducing me to a new dealer I now have a JLUR that we bought. It's amazing.

I'm a car nut, and have had too many cars.
Sponsored