OP
Dusty

Dusty

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR - Full Nacho GP!
In my case the Dealer's test drive was at fault. They drove such a short distance at such low speed! Yes, it was a Jeep Thing.

The dealer that change the steering gear was a delight.

I haven't been back to get them to show me the 70F Code. Should do that. We have about the same amount of play that you had before your dealer refreshed the steering computer.
I had the free play with the aluminum box, then it was a little better with the cast iron box, but that was as good as it got. They were supposed to do the 70F RE flash, but didn’t. They basically said to live with it. Well, today the Reno dealership did the reflash and suddenly it was way better, almost just right. Good enough. It lost 1.5” of play!!

UPDATE: as of 4/15/21 the play has been reduced, but there is still about 1" hanging on. I suppose it's a constant reminder of this being an American engineered car. I've been reading the pages and pages of NHTSA complaints on steering for the 2018 and 2019 JLs. Seems I should expect the Death Wobble next...

Last edited:

davis53

First Name
david
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Is there anyway to tell what steering flash number your Jeep received at home? As 70E RE flash or what? It does not say on work order.

OP
Dusty

Dusty

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR - Full Nacho GP!
Is there anyway to tell what steering flash number your Jeep received at home? As 70E RE flash or what? It does not say on work order.
No clue. The dealerships want to keep this info from owners it seems so they have not printed me an Option Report yet. Yet.

The flash number I was told was the fit for mine was 70F.

davis53

First Name
david
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
No clue. The dealerships want to keep this info from owners it seems so they have not printed me an Option Report yet. Yet.

The flash number I was told was the fit for mine was 70F.
I am going to delete this response till I get my steering problem corrected.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement