Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone get a lot of steering fluid on the undercarriage after the box change? My front axle is soaked along with some other areas that got some splashes on it. Wondering if the tech just was sloppy or if an actual problem.
Probably just sloppy, I'd just clean it off and monitor the fluid level and if any new fluid comes out. If you're so inclined you could probably get them to do it if you went back, I usually advocate for as little dealer contact as possible though :LOL:

My fluid level was slightly low after running for a bit, didn't want to pay for fluid so I had them top it up. No issues with the repair or any mess of fluid. For me it's a totally new jeep to drive with the steel box

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Probably just sloppy, I'd just clean it off and monitor the fluid level and if any new fluid comes out. If you're so inclined you could probably get them to do it if you went back, I usually advocate for as little dealer contact as possible though :LOL:

My fluid level was slightly low after running for a bit, didn't want to pay for fluid so I had them top it up. No issues with the repair or any mess of fluid. For me it's a totally new jeep to drive with the steel box
So far no further leaks detected but level did drop further than when I first brought it home. From low mark to just below it. Went ahead and bought some fluid as to avoid wasting time traveling to dealer as well as cost of gas.

joliett

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
2021 replaced steering box ------> FIXED.
Sponsored