OP

spudf16

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Dr
I was going to post this tonight when I was in front of a computer with a printer!
Sorry - got impatient and made my appointment with Jeep for tomorrow AM and the technician emailed me the TSB. Fingers crossed this is the fix we all need (and want)!!!

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
So can the TSB be performed without the dealer taking your Jeep for a test drive? Last thing I want is to take it in and them tell me it feels fine again and no TSB needs to be performed.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Sorry - got impatient and made my appointment with Jeep for tomorrow AM and the technician emailed me the TSB. Fingers crossed this is the fix we all need (and want)!!!
it will be interesting to see if the parts are readily available or back ordered. I am hopeful for all who have a problem that there are plenty of these new parts in the pipeline so your Jeeps will finally drive as they should (assuming that this latest box actually fixes the problem).

i am very curious what the difference is between this New box and the latest Version of the box.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
This does seem like it’s a steel box.....

“NOTE: The aluminum steering gear frame bolts will have two different size bolts. The new steel gear frame bolts will all be the same size.”

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
it will be interesting to see if the parts are readily available or back ordered. I am hopeful for all who have a problem that there are plenty of these new parts in the pipeline so your Jeeps will finally drive as they should (assuming that this latest box actually fixes the problem).

i am very curious what the difference is between this New box and the latest Version of the box.
I was told the parts were not going to be available until mid September.Hopefully that is incorrect.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I have a 2018 JLU. The steering is horrid. I've owned 11 solid front axle vehicles (which includes 3 semi tractors) and the Jeep is the simply the worst as far as steering is concerned.

For whatever reason, Jeep decided to put an electronic/hydraulic steering system in the JLs. It seems there's a PCU flash that can minimize the wander, but why isn't that a recall? Why isn't that being done on all 2019 and 2020s? When looking at the JKs and JLs, there is so little design, R&D, and manufacturing expense involved, you'd think they would build a near-perfect vehicle for $40,000 to $60,000. The huge profit margins on Wranglers is supporting the entire brand.

They must not have done any testing or they tested the system when they were drunk. Don't know, but in my experience, this is the worst steering vehicle I have ever owned. It's dangerous and inexcusable. The entire SR-71 Blackbird was designed by hand on drafting paper. You'd think with today's super computers and advanced engineering CAD they would at least get the steering right.

Sponsored

OP
OP

spudf16

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Dr
So can the TSB be performed without the dealer taking your Jeep for a test drive? Last thing I want is to take it in and them tell me it feels fine again and no TSB needs to be performed.
I was told they will just do a software check. Since I have been to the dealer so many times before, they know there is a steering problem...

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Confirmed. Mid September 2020.
Why would jeep put out a TSB and then have a month delay in parts availability? is this standard procedure across the industry of is this just yet another “jeep thing” that puts the customer last?

Vondy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I fought steering for a long time with Jeep and got it decent with new box and software update and gave up. Learned to just put up with it. I haven’t had any communication about steering for over 9 months and got a call out of nowhere from Jeep to notify me about updated parts. Supposed to be setting things up with dealer to get new parts. Hope this is the fix!
Sponsored