Did TSB 08-074-20 fixed your Steering Issues

• Total voters

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I started the process in September, Got Jeep Cares involved in December. My steering box was installed last Monday and my dealership installed it properly. My steering is rock solid with no dead spots. One suggestion, have extra fluid on hand.

I checked my fluid before I left the dealership and it was at the full line. The next morning I checked it and the reservoir was empty. I topped it off and drove it for the rest of the day. The next morning it was at the add line so I topped it off again. It has not dropped since and all is well.

Jeep has been driven about 280 miles since the change with no more drop in fluid and steering is very good. No more wander and no dead spots.

I have Teraflex 2 inch front and 1 inch rear spacers and I had no issue with getting repair done
Sponsored

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Any of the reported "notchiness" for you?
Steering is tighter, but now when turning the steering wheel (especially when at rest) there are a bunch of small "jumps" in the wheel. Almost as if the power steering doesn't have the umph to turn the wheel... so it's "jumpy" feeling through the steering wheel while turning from side to side. It'll then (only sometimes) make a larger jump of about .5-1inches then tighten back up.

Edit: a better analogy might be it's like tightening a rounded bolt where it slips half the time. Feels like it's grabbing, slips a notch, grabbing, slips a notch, repeat.

No sound while this is happening.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm wondering if it's the computer refresh, or maybe a bit needs to be torqued, etc.?
I had the TSB for the AA box completed two weeks ago. I can definitely feel the notchiness or jerking as I slowly turn the wheel. Jeepcares was very fast to close the case. It just doesn't seem right. I also have a small wondering issue now and an odd noise that comes from the engine compartment. Anyone else have this or were able to correct it? I've reached back out to my jeep rep in hopes of having the TSB rechecked at another dealership

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I had the TSB for the AA box completed two weeks ago. I can definitely feel the notchiness or jerking as I slowly turn the wheel. Jeepcares was very fast to close the case. It just doesn't seem right. I also have a small wondering issue now and an odd noise that comes from the engine compartment. Anyone else have this or were able to correct it? I've reached back out to my jeep rep in hopes of having the TSB rechecked at another dealership
So, I had an alternate dealership that I trust a bit more than my local one look at it. Long story short, the work was done correctly and all the boxes were checked. I personally confirmed most of these boxes including ishaft torque, etc., etc.

After driving it now for some time, the nothiness is better and almost not noticeable. It's not gone, but it is MUCH better than day one. What this means? /shrug

It's better than it was stock, and everything is still under warranty. So, I'm just driving and enjoying at this point.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
@JeepCares called me out of the blue about a week or so ago and asked if I was still having problems. I told them yes. We conferenced in the local jeep dealer's service advisor and made arrangements to have the parts there by the time of my appointment. Yes I actually heard the service advisor acknowledge that parts would be there and @JeepCares also acknowledged that. I would love to report success. But when I showed up for my appointment today they said the appointment was for "evaluation" of the problem. And claimed they didn't have the parts and the service advisor acted like she didn't know that they were supposed to be doing the work today.
I called @JeepCares while at the dealership and Anthony claimed the same thing. They were supposed to be "evaluating" the problem today. So I just burned a day off from work and am no further along than before.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

If you are in need of support getting in contact with your case manager, please send us a private message with your case number.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Does anyone know any dealerships in SoCal that have done the TSB? I went to the San Diego CDJR dealership and the advisor said they couldn’t do it because I had the synergy track bar brace. I have spoken with and read of others in the forum that had brace and still had it done. All that is needed is to remove the sector shaft w/ bearing. Adds 5 minutes for the job. They also said my OE stabilizer was backwards which it wasn’t. So def not trusting them with my Jeep. Thanks for help.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Does anyone know any dealerships in SoCal that have done the TSB? I went to the San Diego CDJR dealership and the advisor said they couldn’t do it because I had the synergy track bar brace. I have spoken with and read of others in the forum that had brace and still had it done. All that is needed is to remove the sector shaft w/ bearing. Adds 5 minutes for the job. They also said my OE stabilizer was backwards which it wasn’t. So def not trusting them with my Jeep. Thanks for help.
I had the TSB done at Poway CDJR, just outside San Diego. Very satisfied with the outcome.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I had the TSB done at Poway CDJR, just outside San Diego. Very satisfied with the outcome.
Can you PM name of advisor you worked with? Do you have any track bar brace on your Jeep?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
All that is needed is to remove the sector shaft w/ bearing. Adds 5 minutes for the job.
If it only takes 5 minutes to take it off then do it yourself before taking it in. The dealership doesn't get reimbursed for fooling with aftermarket parts.

Later,
Johnny

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
If it only takes 5 minutes to take it off then do it yourself before taking it in. The dealership doesn't get reimbursed for fooling with aftermarket parts.

Later,
Johnny
Removing the actual trackbar brace takes longer than 5 minutes. I believe that we only need to remove the sector shaft with the bearing. I would remove that myself before taking it in.

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Can you PM name of advisor you worked with? Do you have any track bar brace on your Jeep?
I am not running a track bar brace. PM‘ed you info you requested.

I received no pushback at all for performing the TSB. My steering wheel was not quite straight afterwards, so they performed an alignment to straighten it.

The TSB was my second visit to the Poway CJDR service department, and so far the service and expertise have been excellent.

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! What a difference!
I highly recommend getting this done. Went from feeling like an old pickup to feeling like a new car. No hassle from my dealer at all.

KeJaCo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 WJ
Occupation
SCADA Field Service Tech
@JeepCares called me out of the blue about a week or so ago and asked if I was still having problems. I told them yes. We conferenced in the local jeep dealer's service advisor and made arrangements to have the parts there by the time of my appointment. Yes I actually heard the service advisor acknowledge that parts would be there and @JeepCares also acknowledged that. I would love to report success. But when I showed up for my appointment today they said the appointment was for "evaluation" of the problem. And claimed they didn't have the parts and the service advisor acted like she didn't know that they were supposed to be doing the work today.
I called @JeepCares while at the dealership and Anthony claimed the same thing. They were supposed to be "evaluating" the problem today. So I just burned a day off from work and am no further along than before.
I'm going through the same thing now. I received the same call from FCA back in early December and dealt with the same repair day turned into evaluation.

Fast forward to this week, on Monday the dealership's scheduler and my service advisor call me and say the steering box is in. So I drop the Wrangler off Tuesday and the Service Manager processes me since my advisor had left early. He disappeared for a bit, came back and states that he just physically put his hands on the parts and that they'll get it done by Thursday and maybe the next day.

So yesterday afternoon (Thursday) I called and spoke with my service advisor and he says they don't have the parts and there are 9 other Wranglers currently sitting on the lot waiting for the parts too.

This is the same guy that 72 hours earlier called me and said the parts had arrived! :swear::headbang:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm going through the same thing now. I received the same call from FCA back in early December and dealt with the same repair day turned into evaluation.

Fast forward to this week, on Monday the dealership's scheduler and my service advisor call me and say the steering box is in. So I drop the Wrangler off Tuesday and the Service Manager processes me since my advisor had left early. He disappeared for a bit, came back and states that he just physically put his hands on the parts and that they'll get it done by Thursday and maybe the next day.

So yesterday afternoon (Thursday) I called and spoke with my service advisor and he says they don't have the parts and there are 9 other Wranglers currently sitting on the lot waiting for the parts too.

This is the same guy that 72 hours earlier called me and said the parts had arrived! :swear::headbang:
Do you currently have a case open with Jeep Customer Care? If not, please send us a message so that we can get one started for you. We would like to make sure that you have an additional layer of support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

KeJaCo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 WJ
Occupation
SCADA Field Service Tech
Do you currently have a case open with Jeep Customer Care? If not, please send us a message so that we can get one started for you. We would like to make sure that you have an additional layer of support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Yes I already have an open case but everything finally got taken care of on Monday. Still haven't had a chance to take a good test drive on the highway yet though.
Sponsored