rbkat

First Name
Rees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangle Rubicon
Happy 4th of July...
2021 JLUR with steel bumper. Today, installing Oracle rear bumper backup led lights.
1. Even with the rounded corners had to grind the left (driver's) side light and pound the steel bumper to get the light to fit without cracking it. Grind...fit....grind some more....fit...grind/pound some more...repeat many times until a fit is achieved. Extremely poor fit on left side. Finally got it in....then the wiring.
2. Bought the Oracle harness mentioned in post #542 above. The male part will not lock into the OEM tail light. I suspect it is due to pin holder not being fully recessed into plug because of oversized wires (white). Very poor quality control. Do no buy this harness until it is revised. I am still in process of wiring installation and am deciding whether to duct-tape the Oracle harness to the OEM plug or wire directly using with Posi-Taps.
3. Wires on harness are not right length. You'll have excess wire on one side and too little on the other.
This installation is made harder due to insufficient research by Oracle.
As to fit, probably fine for plastic bumper.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Happy 4th of July...
2021 JLUR with steel bumper. Today, installing Oracle rear bumper backup led lights.
1. Even with the rounded corners had to grind the left (driver's) side light and pound the steel bumper to get the light to fit without cracking it. Grind...fit....grind some more....fit...grind/pound some more...repeat many times until a fit is achieved. Extremely poor fit on left side. Finally got it in....then the wiring.
2. Bought the Oracle harness mentioned in post #542 above. The male part will not lock into the OEM tail light. I suspect it is due to pin holder not being fully recessed into plug because of oversized wires (white). Very poor quality control. Do no buy this harness until it is revised. I am still in process of wiring installation and am deciding whether to duct-tape the Oracle harness to the OEM plug or wire directly using with Posi-Taps.
3. Wires on harness are not right length. You'll have excess wire on one side and too little on the other.
This installation is made harder due to insufficient research by Oracle.
As to fit, probably fine for plastic bumper.
Hi Rees, thanks for your feedback. We understand that you are seeing different fitment on your metal bumper. Our Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL are designed to match the factory plastic bumper, and we did add the beveled edge for an easier install on steel bumpers. However, additional modification may need to be done for a perfect fit on your particular steel bumper. This is listed on the product page or you can find the instructions HERE.

If you would like to speak with a representative regarding any of your concerns, please feel free to PM us or give our team a call 1-800-407-5776.

rbkat

First Name
Rees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangle Rubicon
Thanks, Oracle for the reply. Regardless of my squawks, I do like your backup light.

One other hiccup...after wiring directly to one tail light (abandoned the Oracle harness). I was not getting electricity to the backup lights...OEM's and Oracle's. After checking and checking my wiring, I remembered the chain about loose fuses. Opened the fuse box, found over a dozen fuses and all relays loose. After pressing them in place (you'll hear a click), voila...the backup lights worked!

I'm done with my installation and I do really like the lights.

Emt347207

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu 4xe sahara
Question, has anyone used this harness on led tail lights with the blind spot sensor? If yes, does it work and or cause errors in the system?

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question, has anyone used this harness on led tail lights with the blind spot sensor? If yes, does it work and or cause errors in the system?
Yes, this will work with no issues!

Emt347207

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu 4xe sahara
Yes, this will work with no issues!
So i tried to do it this weekend. The harness connection to the taillight itself is to long. The clip did not snap back on. So i will be making a 7 pin harness to accommodate this issue so it will not potentially wiggle loose over time dusconecting the taillight. I will post pictures of the completed project as i get time. Thanks for the super fast responses everyone.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
What is everyone doing for reflectors once you install the new backup lights? I've purchased the lights AND the additional harness. I like where they fit in the bumper and it's a nuce clean functional look. I have factory LEDs and there are no reflectors in the taillights. I purchased these in December and I'm hesitant to install them because of the lack of reflectors. I'm "pretty sure" reflectors on the rear are required by law, I could be wrong? I don't want to glue on Walmart reflectors. Any ideas?

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

So i tried to do it this weekend. The harness connection to the taillight itself is to long. The clip did not snap back on. So i will be making a 7 pin harness to accommodate this issue so it will not potentially wiggle loose over time dusconecting the taillight. I will post pictures of the completed project as i get time. Thanks for the super fast responses everyone.
can't wait to see your pictures - thinking about adding these and I too have LED tail lights.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
What is everyone doing for reflectors once you install the new backup lights? I've purchased the lights AND the additional harness. I like where they fit in the bumper and it's a nuce clean functional look. I have factory LEDs and there are no reflectors in the taillights. I purchased these in December and I'm hesitant to install them because of the lack of reflectors. I'm "pretty sure" reflectors on the rear are required by law, I could be wrong? I don't want to glue on Walmart reflectors. Any ideas?
How about some sort of reflective hitch plug?

FWIW, I think many license plates are reflective also.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Reflective stickers on the bumper? You can even get them in black.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
My tail lamps reflect light just fine, even LED's.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I like this black reflective sticker idea.
They're popular in the motorcycle community (voice of experience), so consider having a look in that direction for a variety of choices.
Sponsored