Oracle Back Up LEDs killed my Reverse Lights

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Sahara Ecodiesel
Has anyone ran into an issue after installing Oracle LED Back Up lights in the bumper that your reverse lights and the oracles all quit working together. As I’m backing up they were all coming on together for a second or 2 and then going out over and over and now after my last drive nothing is working. I still have taillights, blinkers and back up camera though. Jeep is a 2021 Sahara Eco Diesel
Sponsored

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
You could DM Oracle, they usually answer within a day. I just received mine, but I won't be able to install them until next week.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Robnfi is right they will def work with you to get the problem resolved. Did you wire into the light or did you buy their harness? I had trouble with the harness and my lights were like yours they had power and blinkers worked but no reverse light or led reverse lights. So I got rid of the harness and spliced into the light and everything worked fine. The harness did not click into the factory harness!

OP
OP

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spliced right into the taillight. I reached out to Oracle and haven’t heard a response yet but when I do I’ll update the thread

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
they usually answer any emails on mondays....they are also on this site . Any one @ORACLElights dhpt99 needs assistance.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I sent them a private message but I figured I wouldn’t get a response till Monday

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Robnfi is right they will def work with you to get the problem resolved. Did you wire into the light or did you buy their harness? I had trouble with the harness and my lights were like yours they had power and blinkers worked but no reverse light or led reverse lights. So I got rid of the harness and spliced into the light and everything worked fine. The harness did not click into the factory harness!
I had problems with their harness also. A buddy of mine helped me to reset the pins in order for it to be able to click in. Once he did that they worked great! The pins were basically too long and weren't allowing the connector to seat all the way and click together.

OP
OP

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spliced my Oracles in, I wish I knew they made a harness I hate messing with factory wires

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Spliced mine... several months now with NO issues. They have excellent customer service, just give them a chance to respond on a business day.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Yeah I can see they intermittently work but don't stay on. Have you re checked your connections?

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Pepe is right ..they do have excellent customer service! I felt the same about the harness until I tried installing it and it would not work. Their female part of the harness would not click into the male of my wiring and would slide out..I tried taping it and still nothing . which led me to splicing.
It worked right away and have had no issues. You should check your connections again to make sure it is all secure. I used Posi Taps, I don't trust the ones they sent.
https://www.amazon.com/Posi-tap-Con...t=&hvlocphy=9002240&hvtargid=pla-782229919583

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I had problems with their harness also. A buddy of mine helped me to reset the pins in order for it to be able to click in. Once he did that they worked great! The pins were basically too long and weren't allowing the connector to seat all the way and click together.
Shit Man!! I wound up cutting the thing in half and using the wires!!! LOL I wish I had known! I was at it for an hour till finally I said f this and used the posi taps and right away bam....I wrote them also but at that point I didn't care.

fyr145

First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Public Safety - (ret.)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a pair of these as well. However, instead of splicing into the factory wiring, I chose to go another route.....I will be running them to my switch pod so I can control them independently. :like:

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Shit Man!! I wound up cutting the thing in half and using the wires!!! LOL I wish I had known! I was at it for an hour till finally I said f this and used the posi taps and right away bam....I wrote them also but at that point I didn't care.
I had an issue with the male of the Oracle harness not fitting the female of my Jeep. I went through several of their harnesses ( great customer service in sending me replacements) before my buddy looked at it and reset the pins. I just wish they had fit correctly the first time, without having to set the pins ourselves.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Well they do work great so...it all worked out . Hopefully the OP will get his working again.
Sponsored