First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
So on the “ steel” bumper. The plastic backing gets installed first. Then the “oracle” light goes in from the front of the bumper into the plastic housing ? OR - install the Oracle light on the plastic bracket housing and push from the inside ? I’ve tried both way on the left and its either dead blow the left opening and or grind down the Oracle light ! They are great lights when i had them on the plastic bumper. And now that I’m converting to steel it’s taking a lot of tries to get them to sit properly. Wish I knew prior … never thought the steel bumper would be a problem for these awesome backup lights
I have the steel bumper. Once you remove the retaining screw from the red OEM refector, the reflector can be removed (rearward) from the steel bumper. Then you can install (push) the Oracle lamp into the steel bumper from the back of the vehicle. It may or may not fit, depending on the stamping of the rear bumper. Mine did not fit on the left side.
Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
I have the steel bumper. Once you remove the retaining screw from the red OEM refector, the reflector can be removed (rearward) from the steel bumper. Then you can install (push) the Oracle lamp into the steel bumper from the back of the vehicle. It may or may not fit, depending on the stamping of the rear bumper. Mine did not fit on the left side.
Ok. If I understand you correctly the “plastic” brackets that once held the reflectors will not be used with the oracles on the steel bumper ?
will give this a try again

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
The plastic support which is just forward of the steel bumper stays in place. Once you install the Oracle lamp into the steel bumper you can reinstall the retaining screw through the plastic backing into the new lamp to secure the lamp. I did the entire process with the bumper on the vehicle so since installing the screw into the the Oracle lamp was difficult, I just used a silicon adhesive to secure the Lamp to the plastic backing/ support.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
The plastic support which is just forward of the steel bumper stays in place. Once you install the Oracle lamp into the steel bumper you can reinstall the retaining screw through the plastic backing into the new lamp to secure the lamp. I did the entire process with the bumper on the vehicle so since installing the screw into the the Oracle lamp was difficult, I just used a silicon adhesive to secure the Lamp to the plastic backing/ support.
Copy. Thank you for your replies 👍
Sponsored