Sponsored

Mopar LCA swap

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
That’s BS. The springs are the ONLY THING that lifts a Wrangler PERIOD. A 3” spring on a Wrangler is a 3” spring period it doesn’t matter what model it’s on, it lifts them all the same. An Rubi XR has a 1.5” lift over any other model nothing more. all the Rubi has is taller tires and a bit stiffer no taller springs.
I don't have the pics but I know for a fact my Rubi set was taller.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s BS. The springs are the ONLY THING that lifts a Wrangler PERIOD. A 3” spring on a Wrangler is a 3” spring period it doesn’t matter what model it’s on, it lifts them all the same. An Rubi XR has a 1.5” lift over any other model nothing more. all the Rubi has is taller tires and a bit stiffer no taller springs.
There’s tons of threads on here showing the springs and shocks from Rubi are longer then all other models. I can personally tell you my Sport S lifted almost 4”s with the Mopar 2” lift springs.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Like I said I did my legwork. I physically measured them new on the lot. I have an XR my daughter has a Sahara with 2.5” spacer lift. Hers sat higher then mine Stock.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
For those asking about points from the body to the ground, I measured a couple 4dr Sports, Willy, and Rubicons (all hard top and plastic bumpers) from the ground to the middle of the TR badge. Rubicon was 1.25” taller. Some of that is obviously the 33 vs 31.5 tire, some is manufacturing variation, and some may be the springs. The Rubicon springs could be the same height as the Sport springs but if they are stiffer, they’ll hold a Rubicon higher than a Sport, and could raise a Sport in a swap (I think, engineering school was too long ago) assuming the two vehicles are specced the same.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s tons of threads on here showing the springs and shocks from Rubi are longer then all other models. I can personally tell you my Sport S lifted almost 4”s with the Mopar 2” lift springs.
What are your measurements compared to the diagram I posted? Just because there are tons of threads and misinformation doesn’t mean it’s right. There is Nowhere in Jeep literature that says the Regular Rubicon is lifted. It says it’s taller because it has taller tires, it clears bigger tires because it has high line fenders.
same argument goes on with the JK. Springs / spring rates are based on options not model so springs my look taller but will compress more under weight . OEM springs are not lift springs they are weight rated springs. If you put a taller Rubi/Sahara spring on your rig and it sits taller it only means that rig was heavier then yours, not that it was lifted.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
What are your measurements compared to the diagram I posted?
That was 3 yrs ago on the Sport, sorry don’t have measurement any longer. As for the XRs, we have been seeing all different measurements which is creating a ton confusion, even some belief factory installed wrong springs on some.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That’s BS. Snake Oil. There are no dedicated Rubi springs other then the XR. all the Rubi has is taller tires and a bit stiffer not taller springs.
Ummm, these posts concur my experience, I'm not seeing any BS or snake oil, just taller springs 👍

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rt-suspension-height.4347/page-12#post-696125
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rt-suspension-height.4347/page-14#post-900677
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rt-suspension-height.4347/page-17#post-946830

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Things might be different now, but back in 2018- 2019 the Rubi springs and shocks were longer, and higher spring rates…. I’ve done a ton of Rubi takeoffs in sports netting 1-1.5” of lift…..things might be different now on the newer models, I haven’t done takeoff lifts on newer models….here are some old pics from forum member ……

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LCA swap 7BE6C570-D0DE-476D-A7C2-91F3E0BC3C06
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LCA swap FC97E721-8359-47D9-9351-4386A415A761
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LCA swap 806BB26E-FF23-4FE2-B6E6-15BCB3F0DC29

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And this link confirms that this supposed Rubi front coil spring can be found on any model JLU. search them up all you want. Not a single one of these coil spring part numbers are dedicated to any Rubi.
https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-coil-spring-68253658ad

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
And this link confirms that this supposed Rubi front coil spring can be found on any model JLU. search them up all you want. Not a single one of these coil spring part numbers are dedicated to any Rubi.
https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-coil-spring-68253658ad
sorry Jeff, not trying to argue just clarifying for when others read. Mopar ordering never dedicates any of those parts on their systems because those parts are universal fit. It doesn’t mean they come on those models.

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Things might be different now, but back in 2018- 2019 the Rubi springs and shocks were longer, and higher spring rates…. I’ve done a ton of Rubi takeoffs in sports netting 1-1.5” of lift…..things might be different now on the newer models, I haven’t done takeoff lifts on newer models….here are some old pics from forum member ……

Yes some are taller but also have higher spring rate. They will definitely make a lighter rig sit taller. That’s not my point. The point is Rubis are not taller in suspension off the floor. Yes they generally have heavier springs but not lift springs so does a Loaded Sahara or Sport S. The longest heaviest springs are on a 4Xe, but it sits the same height as all the rest.
If a regular Rubicon had a 2 - 2.5” lift it would be taller then my XR, they are not. And my XR is certainly not 3.5-4” taller then a Sport.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whatever, I just know that mine were taller and netted a 2" lift, and I'm happy :)
Carry on...............................

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorry Jeff, not trying to argue just clarifying for when others read. Mopar ordering never dedicates any of those parts on their systems because those parts are universal fit. It doesn’t mean they come on those models.
I also have done my share of wasted time swaps and research. Last week I put together the diagram for you guys and went to the dealer again to measure for myself. Fact is they all measured within 1/2” in suspension height. didn’t matter what model it was.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Specific trims/packages get specific spring combo's.

The rubi takeoff's I put on my sport were 3" taller then my stock springs = 2.5" lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LCA swap Capture-1.PNG

There's a thread somewhere explaining exactly how much lift you can expect going from 'X' combo to 'Y" combo..

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Specific trims/packages get specific spring combo's.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LCA swap Capture-1.PNG
More like specific engine and option combo. Those 2 end ones are diesel, hardtop, tow package.. They don’t even list the Sahar or Sport with a tow package So that really isn’t a complete list. The heavier spring rates for heavier rigs. Notice the specific Rubicons have steel bumpers the Sahara and Sport do not. It how you look at the list.
Sponsored