Sponsored

Mopar LCA swap

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Now that just seems silly to revise the alignment requirements just so you can make spec....I wish I could do that at work haha. I understand it's a cost saving thing, but I would also think they would be concerned with making it right.
Do you know the caster angle on the sport and Sahara?
So you put the Mopar lift on yours but didn't change the LCA's? What is your caster angle?
I have OEM Rubicon suspension with the Mopar Lower control arms, and caster is right around 6°.

JL Alignment specs: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...heel-alignment-specs-toe-caster-camber.17832/

FWIW, here are the specs of other Jeeps with straight front axles (all around 7° of caster):
321391d1501242383-alignment-specs-99-xj-4-lift-imag0631.jpg
Sponsored

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Has anyone found the lca with free shipping lately. AllMoparparts is charging $30 for shipping

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Has anyone found the lca with free shipping lately. AllMoparparts is charging $30 for shipping
Use promo code FS2020 on that site and you'll get free shipping. I just ordered some yesterday

Sponsored

mischman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
SO i ordered mine Monday, they cancelled the order and said they were out of stock nationwide. I talked to a buddy whos a mechanic at a dealer, he talked to someone at Jeep that confirmed they are back ordered nation wide.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Bummer on the back order! Mine arrived yesterday (ordered on 5/21). As I posted in another thread, I’m having them installed Thursday and I’ll report back my observations.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Call East Coast Mopar parts in Waldorf MD. They have them in stock. Just picked up 2 pairs.

Sponsored

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I'm running a stock Rubicon with no additional lift and 35" tires. my casters are currently at 4.0. What should they be at? I've heard everywhere from 5.0 to 6.5. I ordered the Mopar lift kit LCA's but I also heard those will only give me 1 degree more....so that would put me at 5.0. Is that good enough, or should I get adjustable ones so I can go more?

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm running a stock Rubicon with no additional lift and 35" tires. my casters are currently at 4.0. What should they be at? I've heard everywhere from 5.0 to 6.5. I ordered the Mopar lift kit LCA's but I also heard those will only give me 1 degree more....so that would put me at 5.0. Is that good enough, or should I get adjustable ones so I can go more?
Rubicon factory caster specs are 4.80 +/- 1.0. The only way to know if the longer LCAs will work or not is to try it. 5.0 might work, depending on other geometry factors. You have to factor in pinion angle and you don't want to push out caster too far. If it were me, I'd try the Mopar lift kit LCAs first, then make a decision later. If you use aftermarket adjustable LCAs, and you have another related issue, your dealership could easily say you voided warranty. There are many examples of dealerships denying warranty in this and other threads.

Alignment specs: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...heel-alignment-specs-toe-caster-camber.17832/

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The mopar LCA’s got me about 2 degrees on a similar JLUR and put me right at 6 degrees.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is on a 2” RE spacer lift and Mopar LCA and it is at roughly 6

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I was told that the longer control arms are now standard on some of the newer 2019 JLs (started somewhere in the middle of the 2019 production run). Can anyone confirm?
Sponsored