Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Bump. @ORACLElights, for those of us with 2018 JLs, is the harness adapter we ordered going to work? I haven’t gotten around to my install yet. Does anyone have a video on the harness install? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Bump. @ORACLElights, for those of us with 2018 JLs, is the harness adapter we ordered going to work? I haven’t gotten around to my install yet. Does anyone have a video on the harness install? Thanks.
We currently do not have a video but we do have a diagram on the site. See below. Anyone welcome to make a video we can add to the site!
-Missy
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 5879-504_copy

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
We currently do not have a video but we do have a diagram on the site. See below. Anyone welcome to make a video we can add to the site!
-Missy
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 5879-504_copy
This should work.

drcoop84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mojito JLUR
To be clear the reason we can't just change the design to conform with the stamping is that there is a mold for these aluminum parts. Making a new mold would take several months because we already have a backlog of molds for other projects. If you are willing to wait months to avoid having to file down an edge then we can accept a return and you can purchase again when the revision takes place. Please note you would need to return within the 30 day return window for this option.
Any update on a revision?? Really want these but I don't want to modify a brand new $100 product. I will definitely order the harness to go with it. I'm capable of splicing and making it look nice but I like the idea of plug and go.

Has anyone that ran a secondary switch had any issues leaving these on for an extended period? Oracle said the housing was aluminum for heat dissipation. How hot do they get. I don't want to melt my steel bumper.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Oracle said the housing was aluminum for heat dissipation. How hot do they get. I don't want to melt my steel bumper.
WTF? Melt the steel bumper, come on. Like any LED driver there is a heat sink. I have had them on my my steel bumper, the little bit of time the rear lights are on with reverse lights is not enough time to ever cause a problem. I have them tied to a switch to be on, on-demand. haven't tried to feel them for heat, but would never not worry about heat on a steel bumper.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Any update on a revision?? Really want these but I don't want to modify a brand new $100 product. I will definitely order the harness to go with it. I'm capable of splicing and making it look nice but I like the idea of plug and go.
We have completed amending the molds and are currently shipping a slightly revised version which features a beveled edge to make it easier for installation into steel rear bumpers.
https://www.oraclelights.com/products/rear-bumper-led-reverse-lights
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 5874-504_T_1024x1024

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Nice.

Have you guys given any more thought to making one that looks a little more... OEM?

All I see is this:
Each LED has an individual focusing optic lens over it, the lights are engineered to perform at the highest level possible without protruding from the bumper. It is a functional part with high output, any changes to the design would make it less functional.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Each LED has an individual focusing optic lens over it, the lights are engineered to perform at the highest level possible without protruding from the bumper. It is a functional part with high output, any changes to the design would make it less functional.
I understand. I also think you're missing out on a potential market that would give up some functionality for a closer to OEM look.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I understand. I also think you're missing out on a potential market that would give up some functionality for a closer to OEM look.
Appreciate the feedback!

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I also think you're missing out on a potential market that would give up some functionality for a closer to OEM look.
A fair point, and I'm a fanboy of OEM aesthetics, but...

Oracle has introduced a lighting solution that replaces a reflector, not pre-existing lights. In that sense, there wasn't an OEM look that could be benchmarked here.

Attempting to disguise the integrated LED reverse lights as the red reflector they replace would, just as the vendor states, dilute the very functionality -- i.e., bright rear-facing illumination -- for which they were designed, and for which Wrangler owners are purchasing them.

I just wish the plastic bumper fascia on my Sport had the reflectors in situ, so that I could fit the Oracles to my JLU. Oh well. :)

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Oracle has introduced a lighting solution that replaces a reflector, not pre-existing lights. In that sense, there wasn't an OEM look that could be benchmarked here.

Attempting to disguise the integrated LED reverse lights as the red reflector they replace would, just as the vendor states, dilute the very functionality -- i.e., bright rear-facing illumination -- for which they were designed, and for which Wrangler owners are purchasing them.
Let me reiterate: there is a potential market that would give up some functionality for something a little more stealth.

Ture, these don't look the same as the OEM reflectors, but to someone who doesn't know the JL they don't immediately stick out as aftermarket (mostly because they aren't as noticeable). Not appearing like an aftermarket product at first glance is my benchmark for looking like OEM.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Let me reiterate: there is a potential market that would give up some functionality for something a little more stealth.

Ture, these don't look the same as the OEM reflectors, but to someone who doesn't know the JL they don't immediately stick out as aftermarket (mostly because they aren't as noticeable). Not appearing like an aftermarket product at first glance is my benchmark for looking like OEM.
If the forum's build threads and constant conversation regarding the Wrangler's modularity are representative -- and I believe they are -- ours is not a community that prioritizes factory-original aesthetics to the last detail.

I don't disagree that the potential market you speak of exists, but is it robust enough to support a vendor's capital investment to bring an OEM-style [product name] to us? Maybe, but possibly not.

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I would love to see these offered with a "smoked" lens.

I'm willing to lose some functionality for stealth.

They would still add some functionality to the inadequate OEM versions.