UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
free speech buddy nothing they can do to you.....
Well buddy Playing lawyer on the internet rarely turns out well. The 1A doesn’t say what many thinks it does.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I dropped mine off this morning for the repair. I was surprised when they told me that they had the parts in stock for the steering issue. I hope this isn't the reason why. I am nervous now it will be worse than before.
Hi @jg45,

How did it go? Please feel free to keep us updated on the outcome of your appointment.

Hi! Would you be so kind as to post the full TSB - I can’t find it online and my ‘18 JLU is at the dealer (again) to try to resolve the steering wander and off-center issues. Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Hi @shoregrrrl,

Feel free to send us a message if you are in need of additional support while your Jeep is in service!

Darlene
Jeep Cares

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well buddy Playing lawyer on the internet rarely turns out well. The 1A doesn’t say what many thinks it does.
There is a distinct difference in the principle of free speech and the text of the 1st amendment. The colloquial freedom of speech is derived from English common law, and the first amendment was simply a restriction on the powers of the federal government with regards to that principle.

Andbaynard

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
does anyone have the new TSB and a pic and part number for the new box.... I saw the post above shows one for a two door is it the same for a 4dr....I just want to make sure I have all the correct info prior to going so those idiots don't try to pass one over me....
....blah blah 7569AA as listed in the TSB. Pic off my 2021 JLU

D7CF0161-B0B2-4C1D-8761-A5992F715564.jpeg

Sponsored

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Hi @jg45,

How did it go? Please feel free to keep us updated on the outcome of your appointment.

Hi @shoregrrrl,

Feel free to send us a message if you are in need of additional support while your Jeep is in service!

Darlene
Jeep Cares
They did not have the parts in stock and had to order them. They called today to let me know the parts arrived. I'm dropping off tomorrow too have TSB completed.

Haberrj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I dropped mine off this morning for the repair. I was surprised when they told me that they had the parts in stock for the steering issue. I hope this isn't the reason why. I am nervous now it will be worse than before.
When I brought mine in January 11 they told me the same thing it may take 2 to 3 months to get the part. I received a call today January 26 that the part was in so it’s gong in tomorrow sure hope they have the new part.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I had posted it last night. Pulled it down when I saw the note on it about being property of FCA and can only be shared with written permission from FCA. I also checked forum Terms of Use and they prevent sharing something like that. I know others post TSBs, but my luck runs such that I would be the one FCA/Stellantis decided to go after. I can answer any questions you have about it.
Perhaps you could just send it privately to someone who is willing to post it (like me.) Manufacturers and the NHTSA have agreed to post all TSBs online, this is probably just too new to show up yet.
This from Consumer Reports,
How to Get a Free Technical Service Bulletin
https://tinyurl.com/y6htqkcq

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
When I brought mine in January 11 they told me the same thing it may take 2 to 3 months to get the part. I received a call today January 26 that the part was in so it’s gong in tomorrow sure hope they have the new part.
I think more are starting to get in the supply chain. I had my Jeep checked in November and like you told 2-3 months. Checked at the 2 month mark and it came in a week later.

Go in for the TSB and get a call later that day, new gear box is no good (so I'm thinking great another couple of months). Service manage says there are three in the area and checking to see if he can get one from another dealer. He does and they installed it the next day. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Sponsored

Haberrj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I think more are starting to get in the supply chain. I had my Jeep checked in November and like you told 2-3 months. Checked at the 2 month mark and it came in a week later.

Go in for the TSB and get a call later that day, new gear box is no good (so I'm thinking great another couple of months). Service manage says there are three in the area and checking to see if he can get one from another dealer. He does and they installed it the next day. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.
So they installed the black steering box and did an alignment for you.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They did not have the parts in stock and had to order them. They called today to let me know the parts arrived. I'm dropping off tomorrow too have TSB completed.
Thanks for the update! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team if needed.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
So they installed the black steering box and did an alignment for you.
Yes, installed the black steering box using the correct bolts (verified correct part number per TSB and did the magnet test on it - cast iron). Per the TSB they also updated/reflashed the software, and performed an alignment. Jeep tracks straight as an arrow - level road I can have my hands off the steering wheel with no drift until it hits a bump/road imperfection.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Just called my dealership and spoke to a service adviser about them installing the wrong steering box. He tells me that the guy in service said that the aluminum box 68250506AD supersedes the newest cast iron box 68507569AA. Of course I disagreed and asked him to look it up himself and read the TSB directly word for word on repairs required for TSB 08-003-21. He's now irritated with my request and exclaimes he had looked it up himself. Big lie. I asked for a manager, was put on hold, waited and waited and waited for no manager. Currently waiting for a call back that's not going to happen. It's a terrible way to handle a service center and it's simply a disservice to have to get into a wrestling match over things clearly spelled that are supposed to be done.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Just called my dealership and spoke to a service adviser about them installing the wrong steering box. He tells me that the guy in service said that the aluminum box 68250506AD supersedes the newest cast iron box 68507569AA. Of course I disagreed and asked him to look it up himself and read the TSB directly word for word on repairs required for TSB 08-003-21. He's now irritated with my request and exclaimes he had looked it up himself. Big lie. I asked for a manager, was put on hold, waited and waited and waited for no manager. Currently waiting for a call back that's not going to happen. It's a terrible way to handle a service center and it's simply a disservice to have to get into a wrestling match over things clearly spelled that are supposed to be done.

WTH is wrong with people they act like its coming out of there pockets....SMH.....then they wonder why their service centers get bad surveys.....
Sponsored