First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I used some of their products and the quality is good.

I used some other brands and totally shit.

Don't go cheap on suspension and steering, you already spent $50k, you do not want to drive a shopping cart on the road.
Oh I get it. I’m new to Jeeps but not to modding vehicles. I’m kind of a suspension whisperer and completely agree that suspension (along with tires and brakes) are never a place to skimp. I was asking if you had a particular positive experience with the Teraflex Alpine LCAs.

Thanks for the opinion, they are in the lead if I end up going with adjustable LCA. I have the Dynatrac lift so I think I may try out the longer Mopar ones for $60 and if I’m not happy pass them on to someone else and go aftermarket adjustable ones.
Sponsored

TheCanadianJeeper

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2019
I’m rocking the Dynatrac 2” lift with the TeraFlex alpine control arms. I set mine to 24 and 5/8ths. The caster is 6.6 and all good by me (also upgraded to steermarts setup).
Hi, are you running the teraflex adjustable one? 35 or 37?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I get it. I’m new to Jeeps but not to modding vehicles. I’m kind of a suspension whisperer and completely agree that suspension (along with tires and brakes) are never a place to skimp. I was asking if you had a particular positive experience with the Teraflex Alpine LCAs.

Thanks for the opinion, they are in the lead if I end up going with adjustable LCA. I have the Dynatrac lift so I think I may try out the longer Mopar ones for $60 and if I’m not happy pass them on to someone else and go aftermarket adjustable ones.
If I was you I’d just get the adjustable control arms because if you have a 2” lift or higher, a quarter inch longer is not going to give you enough castor. If it worked on @plex rig it’s because he’s at stock height. Just a suggestion.

Sponsored

TheCanadianJeeper

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2019
If I was you I’d just get the adjustable control arms because if you have a 2” lift or higher, a quarter inch longer is not going to give you enough castor. If it worked on @plex rig it’s because he’s at stock height. Just a suggestion.
Thanks, that’s what I taught.

TheCanadianJeeper

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2019
I’m rocking the Dynatrac 2” lift with the TeraFlex alpine control arms. I set mine to 24 and 5/8ths. The caster is 6.6 and all good by me (also upgraded to steermarts setup).
So, if I get your setup and caster on my jlur with KO2 35
I should be good?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Well since I’ve got the Dynatrac sitting in my living room waiting to be installed and my SteerSmarts Yeti XD track bar arrived today, I guess I should go ahead and order these arms.

OP
OP
plex

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
EXactly, mine is not lifted.

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
So if I want my control arms to be more in the stock level position, why not use the Rancho geometry brackets? Seem like the perfect thing to do since I have the Mopar lift kit installed but just need a little more caster and don't really want to buy another set of new LCA's.

Sponsored

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Could you tell the difference in tracking from stock after the LCA install? Did you drive it with just the lift or did you install both at the same time?

Teraflex recommends those Alpine LCA's be at 24 5/8 for 4.5" lifts... hehe

24 7/16 for 3.5" and 24 1/4 for 2.5".

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
Yep - and how do I know? I started at 24.25" and the caster was way low (like 4) - glad I had the option to go up, and I did. Tereflex has non-adjustable sport arms designed for the 2.5" lift so i just went with that setting (24 5/8") for the dynatrac lift. Not super easy to adjust, but adjustable non-the-less.

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
Could you tell the difference in tracking from stock after the LCA install? Did you drive it with just the lift or did you install both at the same time?

Installed them with the lift - 24.25 felt just like stock (the wander) - but 245/8 is rails. The steer-smarts gear helps a ton. I'm gonna put more miles on then have a jeep shop (not my installer) audit my set-up.

Teraflex recommends those Alpine LCA's be at 24 5/8 for 4.5" lifts... hehe

24 7/16 for 3.5" and 24 1/4 for 2.5".
Ya but, the non adjustable sport arms come at that size.
Specs:

• Tube Diameter & Wall = 42mm X 4mm
• Factory Length = 24”
• Sport Length = 24-5/8”
• Both Ends = 16mm Bolt

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
So if I want my control arms to be more in the stock level position, why not use the Rancho geometry brackets? Seem like the perfect thing to do since I have the Mopar lift kit installed but just need a little more caster and don't really want to buy another set of new LCA's.
Yep - another option - but they hang low.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yep - and how do I know? I started at 24.25" and the caster was way low (like 4) - glad I had the option to go up, and I did. Tereflex has non-adjustable sport arms designed for the 2.5" lift so i just went with that setting (24 5/8") for the dynatrac lift. Not super easy to adjust, but adjustable non-the-less.
What is your castor at now that you are at 24-5/8”?
Sponsored