Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
The engine is a big air compressor, the better you can get air in and out is the easiest small performance increases. Change out your air box and exhaust to breathe better. Keep it simple. These are easy performance mods you can do yourself and will give noticeable results.
+1 on this, I do K&N and muffler delete or exhaust cat-back on all my vehicles because it doesn't cost much and you can tell usually on the butt dyno and if not much then you can easily hear it...:D
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Unfortunately the limiting factor for airflow (Power) is usually not the air box, air filter, or exhaust. It’s most often more limited by the flow of the camshaft and the heads. Offering it more air doesn’t mean it has the ability to ingest more, hence superchargers and turbos. They force more air in. So do a CAI and or exhaust because you want to and you like the way it sounds. Keep your expectations low and you’ll be happy.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Merry Christmas to everyone! Question on more simple engine/exhaust mods. I have a 2020 2 dr Rubi w/the 6 cyl which I absolutely love. I was wondering what mods can be done to increase HP( not by a huge amount but noticeable) that would keep warranty integrity( if possible ). Thanks and be safe!

I also have a 2020 Rubi 2-door w/3.6 Auto and as well looking for a performance boost. I have installed a Mopar CAI (have not cut the hood yet and not sure I will be doing that) and in January Borla should be releasing their Touring Climber Cat-Back for the 2-door JL's, I will be installing one as soon as released...Then I plan to add a Livernois tune, have heard nothing but good things about their tune including improvements in trans shifting and overall drivability. This combo should give a solid performance boost and at least get back what I lost with 35's plus the added weight of bumpers, winch and skids. If still not happy, I will look at re-gearing with 4.88's...

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I also have a 2020 Rubi 2-door w/3.6 Auto and as well looking for a performance boost. I have installed a Mopar CAI (have not cut the hood yet and not sure I will be doing that) and in January Borla should be releasing their Touring Climber Cat-Back for the 2-door JL's, I will be installing one as soon as released...Then I plan to add a Livernois tune, have heard nothing but good things about their tune including improvements in trans shifting and overall drivability. This combo should give a solid performance boost and at least get back what I lost with 35's plus the added weight of bumpers, winch and skids. If still not happy, I will look at re-gearing with 4.88's...
I have the mopar CAI with the hood vent and Livernois tune. It's a whole new Jeep.

Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
FCA did not leave any easy bolt-on horsepower on the table. CAIs and free-flowing exhaust are rarely noticeable seat of the pants (nor on a dyno).

Another vote for Pedal Commander. It seems like snake oil, but it isn't. Seat of the pants, in around town driving, it feels like a noticeable power increase, but in reality it's all about enhancing the drive-by-wire algorithms, just like The Last Cowboy explained.

I'm a recent convert. This product will not change your 0-60 times in the least, but it sure feels like it has. It also eliminates the Diesel's soft spot right off throttle.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I am not exactly a tuner but I think a Mopar Cold Air Intake may help increase a little HP and may not void warranty if installed by a Jeep Dealer.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/c...MIyrWhmsnp7QIVwcqGCh1pmgkpEAQYAiABEgKeefD_BwE
FWIW, it doesn't have to be installed by the dealership to protect your warranty. For that matter, no mod needs to be dealer installed to prevent voiding warranty. The only need for them to install a part would be if they will cover that particular part.

Your warranty is protect by federal law (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act). They can only deny coverage if there is proof that the modification caused the failure, and it that denial can only be fore affected parts.
For example, they can't deny coverage on the transmission because you added an intake (one does not affect the other). They also can't say adding an intake yourself voids the warrant, when the exact same intake put on by them wouldn't cause a failure. That is unless there is evidence that you put it on wrong which then contributed to the failure.

All that said, it comes down to how good your dealership is. Although your warranty is protected, they can make it very difficult to get coverage. Some dealerships don't push back against mods, while others will argue about anything they see that isn't factory installed.
For example. Nobody bats an eye about installing 35's (or bigger) on their Jeeps. But that is a mod and if a dealership really wanted to be difficult they could argue warranty is voided on braking systems, suspension, and/or transmission which are all potentially affected by the added weight and torque requirements of bigger tires. Likewise an intake could affect some engine components so a dealership could try to argue it. However most know it has little to no effect and they don't say a word, just like tires.
Having mentioned the dealerships, keep in mind FCA makes the call on what they cover or not. The dealership can simply submit the customer's issue, or submit the issue with a note about mods. That's where the good dealership comes into play.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
FCA did not leave any easy bolt-on horsepower on the table. ...
That's actually good. That means they did what they could to get the most out of the engine. It shouldn't be easy to add power. If it was, that means they weren't trying to get us the best vehicle they could. If it's easy, then why wouldn't they do it in the first place.

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend the CAI and a cat back muffler delete, I added the Mopar CAI first and it is a noticeable increase in torque/hp ~5-10 at 4000+ rpm and a deeper growl, then I added the Flowmaster Outlaw and that added another 5-10 hp. The engine is just a air pump and removing the restrictions will help, I would recommend it and it is worth the $$$.
Check the pics, both were easy installs, the CAI is 30 min without cutting the hood.
Showcase

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I would recommend the CAI and a cat back muffler delete, I added the Mopar CAI first and it is a noticeable increase in torque/hp ~5-10 at 4000+ rpm and a deeper growl, then I added the Flowmaster Outlaw and that added another 5-10 hp. The engine is just a air pump and removing the restrictions will help, I would recommend it and it is worth the $$$.
Check the pics, both were easy installs, the CAI is 30 min without cutting the hood.
Showcase
I totally agree with your air pump comment. The challenge is that the flow bottleneck is almost totally internal. Bigger valves, enlarged ports, and/or hotter cam will definitely unlock the engine, but the input (CAI) and output (catback) are likely already flowing more than the internals can process.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I'd love to see a dyno run for any of the usual mods such as cold air intake, cat back exhaust, etc. With the computer controlling everything I doubt there would be any increases in HP or torque that mattered much. To make any real change would require $$$$. Supercharger anyone?
Here's a few:
Sponsored