Sponsored

Additional HP?

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas to everyone! Question on more simple engine/exhaust mods. I have a 2020 2 dr Rubi w/the 6 cyl which I absolutely love. I was wondering what mods can be done to increase HP( not by a huge amount but noticeable) that would keep warranty integrity( if possible ). Thanks and be safe!
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
This is one of those things that you'll get a lot of opinion based responses on. Worth asking of course, but just be aware many are not supported by of data (such as dyno results on their actual vehicle).
A lot of people claim "noticeable" gains from things like an intake, or exhaust (as you mentioned).
Sadly though the difference those items produce is typically 5-10 at best. That equates to something like 200 lbs removed from you Jeep. To put that into perspectives, do you "notice" a difference when a passenger gets in? Probably not. Therefore I suspect the gains are probably a placebo effect. For a real mind warp though, if they perceive the change that they wanted, does it really matter if the change was actual or not?

All that said, intake and exhaust are a building block. If you start with those you can build off it. I think anything that will make a truly noticeable improvement will affect the warranty (not on the entire vehicle, just the affected components).
It's been my experience that the thing you can change, which produces the most noticeable/measurable difference is swapping the gears. Changing the gear ratio can give you more low end power, which can be felt and measured. Of course that also affects warranty.

Good luck with the mod selection. You should get quite a few opinions on this. I'm sure there will be at least one who doesn't like my analytical response, but keep in mind that I'm not saying don't get the bolt on stuff. They're a good foundation, and if you perceive the gain, isn't that what you're after?

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
The engine is a big air compressor, the better you can get air in and out is the easiest small performance increases. Change out your air box and exhaust to breathe better. Keep it simple. These are easy performance mods you can do yourself and will give noticeable results.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I have the Livernois tune but not sure if they support etorque yet. That is a 50hp increase on e85, very noticable. And you get a trans tune which makes a big difference with how it drives. I got an extra 2mpg with their setup. I just swap in my OEM pcm if I need to go to the dealer.

Could look into superchips too.

Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
you didn't say what you are needing the additional HP for? I would say invest in torque and not HP. A tune may be your safest bet (but voids warranty) just get the kind you can uninstall before you take it in for service. Most HP mods put the HP at the top of the RPM range which is useless in a Jeep, go for low end torque something you will feel...

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
In take and exhaust are just for noise unless you get a serious custom tune. The Pedal Commander really does work for late model, drive by wire Vehicles. It lets you go wide open throttle when you want, not based on what the computer wants. An off the shelf tuner has the same function in it and that’s where the seat of the pants feel comes from.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Merry Christmas to everyone! Question on more simple engine/exhaust mods. I have a 2020 2 dr Rubi w/the 6 cyl which I absolutely love. I was wondering what mods can be done to increase HP( not by a huge amount but noticeable) that would keep warranty integrity( if possible ). Thanks and be safe!
I am not exactly a tuner but I think a Mopar Cold Air Intake may help increase a little HP and may not void warranty if installed by a Jeep Dealer.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/c...MIyrWhmsnp7QIVwcqGCh1pmgkpEAQYAiABEgKeefD_BwE

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
I'd love to see a dyno run for any of the usual mods such as cold air intake, cat back exhaust, etc. With the computer controlling everything I doubt there would be any increases in HP or torque that mattered much. To make any real change would require $$$$. Supercharger anyone?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I'd love to see a dyno run for any of the usual mods such as cold air intake, cat back exhaust, etc. With the computer controlling everything I doubt there would be any increases in HP or torque that mattered much. To make any real change would require $$$$. Supercharger anyone?
Mishomoto has a thread floating around showing a 10hp increase with their intake. The 3.6l has the ability to compensate for a CAI. The 2.0 does not from what I have read.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Appreciate the reply folks given its Christmas Day. I do not do any real off roading so it’s really for an extra kick on the road and on the dirt roads I live on ( winter and mud season). Not invalidating the warranty is important so it seems my options are limited.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Appreciate the reply folks given its Christmas Day. I do not do any real off roading so it’s really for an extra kick on the road and on the dirt roads I live on ( winter and mud season). Not invalidating the warranty is important so it seems my options are limited.
Join the club, lol. There are many of us here who have Rubicons but do not off road. I got my 4 door rubicon because of looks of the tires and the steel bumper. Otherwise it rarely sees dirt. Too bad a Willy wasnt an available option from FCA when I ordered my Jeep. I probably would have gone that route back then but Willy wasn't orderable yet in July 2019.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I just needed a couple more horses....
Jeep Wrangler JL Additional HP? 20190303_103044

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Livernois is the best power per dollar (without braking bank, or nitrous)
Exhaust on the jeep is fairly free flowing, aftermarket exhaust maybe will gain you 5whp at 6k rpms. Intake will be similar.

Only thing that will get you usable power (torque) is tune or gears (better torque multiplication).

Small light tires/wheels will also do the same - better torque multiplication and less power loss trying to spin big anchors.
Sponsored