Mopar LCA swap

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
I've had these mopar lca's on my JLUR for a while now. Just picked it up from the deeler after they repaced the steering gear and they did an alignment. I wanted let you all know that with 315/70/17 on stock rubicon wheels with these lca's gave my jeep 6.3 caster.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Drsaekimdc

First Name
Sae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
is 6.3 caster good enough or little more is better?

Last edited:

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've had these mopar lca's on my JLUR for a while now. Just picked it up from the deeler after they repaced the steering gear and they did an alignment. I wanted let you all know that with 315/70/17 on stock rubicon wheels with these lca's gave my jeep 6.3 camber.
Guessing that you meant Caster, not Camber?

I'm waiting for my LCAs now. With my leveling kit I'm at about 4.25* caster and it's pretty twitchy.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I've had these mopar lca's on my JLUR for a while now. Just picked it up from the deeler after they repaced the steering gear and they did an alignment. I wanted let you all know that with 315/70/17 on stock rubicon wheels with these lca's gave my jeep 6.3 caster.
Yep; mine had 6.4 and 6.3 caster after the installation of the LCAs. Initially, it helped quite a bit with the wandering, but on some long road trips, the wandering returned somewhat (likely due to the power steering fluid heating up). After having the TSB for the steering box installed, I can say it is rock solid now. Very happy with the overall results.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yep; mine had 6.4 and 6.3 caster after the installation of the LCAs. Initially, it helped quite a bit with the wandering, but on some long road trips, the wandering returned somewhat (likely due to the power steering fluid heating up). After having the TSB for the steering box installed, I can say it is rock solid now. Very happy with the overall results.
Pretty much my case too!

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Did dealer note anything about the LCA change? Not that they would notice... and I need a new dealer in the McKinney/Frisco DFW area.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did dealer note anything about the LCA change? Not that they would notice... and I need a new dealer in the McKinney/Frisco DFW area.
@rustyshakelford installed mine and did an alignment at the same that he installed a MetalCloak trackbar, tie-rod, and draglink. With that said, I cannot imagine the dealer would say anything since, once installed, the longer LCAs are virtually indistinguishable from the stock ones.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@rustyshakelford installed mine and did an alignment at the same that he installed a MetalCloak trackbar, tie-rod, and draglink. With that said, I cannot imagine the dealer would say anything since, once installed, the longer LCAs are virtually indistinguishable from the stock ones.
They might suspect something since the Jeep would drive much better :)

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
When they replaced my steering gear they didn't notice. The service writer did comment that caster was off due to the lift! Well, I told him I didn't have one. Only thing to make it taller are the 315/70/17's. He laughed and said "Ok, that must be it".

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
When they replaced my steering gear they didn't notice. The service writer did comment that caster was off due to the lift! Well, I told him I didn't have one. Only thing to make it taller are the 315/70/17's. He laughed and said "Ok, that must be it".
What an idiot.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
He's kind of right. The Rubicon is factory "lifted" about an inch versus the Sport/Sahara, yet uses the same 24" long lower front control arms. The 24.25" LCAs will make it track much better.

That said, he may have been correct accidentally, but he does have a point.

Tsalvador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
Pretty much my case too!
man, i was at 5.2 caster on both wheels with stock everything. then i got the venomrex wheels and dick cepek 35 12.5 17 tires. the right pull that was there all stock on my JLURD was on steroids.
today i missed the chance to measure the before caster. but they swaped my lca's with the mopar 2" lift kit ones.

stock suspension
35x12.5x17 wheels/tires
mopar 2" lift kit LCA's

now my caster is 5.4 left, 5.2 right
camber 0 on the left, -1 on the right
toe was adjusted 0.10 left and right

and the bloody right pull is there.

so all and all, with the stock suspension but adding the 35 tires, seems i need adjustable arms in order to bring the caster to the 6 range..... not sure if anyone has experienced this before. frustrating. but onto the next purchase... i guess!
Sponsored