Mopar LCA swap

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've had these long mopar lca's on for a couple weeks now. I had installed a leveling kit that took my droopy front with great caster to 4.25*; the new lca's got it back to about 5.5* and now I have death wobble at 45mph.

I'll be taking the mopar lca's off this weekend to sell and get an adjustable set so I can get back to 6+ degrees.
Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
I've had these long mopar lca's on for a couple weeks now. I had installed a leveling kit that took my droopy front with great caster to 4.25*; the new lca's got it back to about 5.5* and now I have death wobble at 45mph.

I'll be taking the mopar lca's off this weekend to sell and get an adjustable set so I can get back to 6+ degrees.
Do a torque check on the leveling kit and LCA install and also consider upgrading your front track bar. I have a leveling kit on my Rubicon and had similar issues 1-2 weeks after install. Doubt the Mopar LCA's are the culprit for the DW

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Do a torque check on the leveling kit and LCA install and also consider upgrading your front track bar. I have a leveling kit on my Rubicon and had similar issues 1-2 weeks after install. Doubt the Mopar LCA's are the culprit for the DW
Yep, I actually loosened all the control arms and trackbar then retorqued appropriately to check. No changes to tracking or wobble.

The wobble isn't always there either but it definitely freaks the wife out.

chadk77

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just ordered these longer LCAs for my 2021 JLUR. Been having the same wander issue since I drove it off the lot. The wife won’t even drive it on the interstate because of it.

Thetickz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Everyone mentions using ramps, but can I jack up the front of the Jeep and put the axel on jack stands instead?

I plan on installing the LCAs tomorrow morning.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone mentions using ramps, but can I jack up the front of the Jeep and put the axel on jack stands instead?

I plan on installing the LCAs tomorrow morning.
You can use jack stands to install them, but you want your rig sitting at weight bearing ride height when you torque them down.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped in the Mopar lift LCA’s today after installing my Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” lift with .5” Teraflex leveling spacers in the front. The control arms themselves took maybe 10, 15 minutes. Lined right up with a little pushing.

B0F3A0C9-07D1-413C-84AC-3B413A09F012.jpeg

69FA4C78-E345-4D25-ABEA-9A148D4C9A7A.jpeg

8D0731B3-A488-499B-9B6C-BD22607F248B.jpeg
Im about to order the dynatrac lift now...were you able to drive the lift without the lca first to see if they were truly needed.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
which LCA would you recommend for the dynatrac lift?
The only arms I’ve got experience with are the longer Mopar ones and MetalCloak. Of those two I’d say the MetalCloak are hands down much better and well worth the extra money.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The only arms I’ve got experience with are the longer Mopar ones and MetalCloak. Of those two I’d say the MetalCloak are hands down much better and well worth the extra money.
Sweet, thanks brother....You still running the lift?

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Sweet, thanks brother....You still running the lift?
I had the Dynatrac lift. I swapped it out for the MetalCloak lift which is taller, has a lot more adjustability for proper alignment, and a ton more articulation for off-roading.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Im about to order the dynatrac lift now...were you able to drive the lift without the lca first to see if they were truly needed.
Yep, definitely felt better after the longer LCA’s.

hurricanes99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a stock 2018 JLUR with method wheels and 35” trail grapplers. Just received my core 4x4 lca’s. Got the tier 4. Reason for purchase is to hopefully stop the wander at highway speeds. Steering box, track bar and steering damper all just replaced under recall and tsb. Should i start and 24 1/4”? Would that typically give around 6 degrees or caster? When ordering them the gentleman on phone recommended loosening bolts on upper and then torquing everything down once the Jeep was under weight. If I’m using ramps is it necessary to crack the bolts on the uppers?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have a stock 2018 JLUR with method wheels and 35” trail grapplers. Just received my core 4x4 lca’s. Got the tier 4. Reason for purchase is to hopefully stop the wander at highway speeds. Steering box, track bar and steering damper all just replaced under recall and tsb. Should i start and 24 1/4”? Would that typically give around 6 degrees or caster? When ordering them the gentleman on phone recommended loosening bolts on upper and then torquing everything down once the Jeep was under weight. If I’m using ramps is it necessary to crack the bolts on the uppers?
yes it’s a good idea, the bushings will be under sight tension from the twisting of the axle when extending the LCA.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
FYI for those interested about how much caster you get with Mopar lift LCAs on Rubicon suspension, I have 6.3° caster.
If this has been asked and answered later in the thread, I apologize. Do you, or anybody else, know what the caster will change to with the longer Mopar LCAs, and a change to 35” tires on a Rubicon? I understand that with a 35” tire the actual diameter can be slightly less, or more.
Sponsored