Mopar LCA swap

ArmannB

First Name
Armann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
What was off on your alignment? Toe and steering wheel alignment is all that's adjustable.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LCA swap 1607723274597

That’s what needed adjusting. Not sure why a caster reading wasn’t given
Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what needed adjusting. Not sure why a caster reading wasn’t given
So Toe and steering wheel alignment. Makes sense! Too bad they didn't give you a caster reading.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So Toe and steering wheel alignment. Makes sense! Too bad they didn't give you a caster reading.
Especially since toe affects caster :(

Drsaekimdc

First Name
Sae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
If your Jeep is lifted, 24.25" may not be enough. Also, it defies everything I've ever heard, but a high quality, pass-through steering damper (along with adjustable front LCAs) cured my steering.

Edit: just read that you have a stock height Rubi. The Mopar LCAs should be long enough. Seriously, try a good damper. I've been death on them for years, but it worked for me.
I recently installed rubi shocks and springs on JLU sport s with teraflex 2"front/1.5"rear spacer lift.

especially on highway, it feels like its very windy outside and wind is pushing my car.

Would a Mopar LCA work for me or i should just get a adjustable LCA?
TIA!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I recently installed rubi shocks and springs on JLU sport s with teraflex 2"front/1.5"rear spacer lift.

especially on highway, it feels like its very windy outside and wind is pushing my car.

Would a Mopar LCA work for me or i should just get a adjustable LCA?
TIA!
I have basically the same setup you have - Rubicon shocks/springs + TeraFlex leveling (2.0" front / 1.5" rear). I have adjustable LCAs set to 24 3/8" and it tracks great. I don't feel 24.25" (the longer Mopar LCAs) would have been long enough. You'd be surprised how much difference that extra 1/8" makes.

Also, like I said, I feel that a pass-through steering stabilizer was very beneficial as well.

Sponsored

Drsaekimdc

First Name
Sae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hello rickinAZ

Thanks for your reply!
Which adjustable LCA did you end up getting? And the steering stabilizer ?
Thanks!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hello rickinAZ

Thanks for your reply!
Which adjustable LCA did you end up getting? And the steering stabilizer ?
Thanks!
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...stable-front-lower-control-arm-kit-0-4-5-lift

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...aflex-falcon-nexus-ef-2-1-steering-stabilizer

TeraFlex makes an adjustable version of the same steering stabilizer, but every YouTube video that I watched kept their setting at the middle setting (of 3) - which is the same as the standard setting on the one I bought. I had low expectations on the steering stabilizer, but it helped my steering as much as the LCAs. The combo virtually solved any steering issues.

The steering stabilizer is an easy DIY, but the LCAs can be challenging w/o a lift due to the 190 lbft requirement. I paid an aftermarket shop $100 to install the LCAs and it was worth every penny.

Northridge offers a 10% member discount (code = "sharktank")

Good luck! And...many thanks to the members who coached me through this when I first was exploring solutions.

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
The FS2020 code no longer seems to work. Does anyone have any insight into another that might work. These are available from several different places, but shipping seems to be $35 -$56. Doesn't make much sense to order online...

Last edited:

Drsaekimdc

First Name
Sae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have a pair of these arms from when I had the Dynatrac lift that doesn’t include adjustable arms. They helped. However I now have a MetalCloak lift that includes adjustable upper and lower arms. If anyone wants to buy my used pair for $40, PM me. Locally in Houston preferred as shipping costs would make it less of a great deal.
Whats the length of these non-adjustable ones? Would love to try it and see how it rides.
If its the same one I found online its 24-5/8” (please correct me if Im wrong), its .25" longer than @rickinAZ set up.

@rickinAZ , would this work with our set up?
What was your caster angle with 24 3/8" ?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Whats the length of these non-adjustable ones? Would love to try it and see how it rides.
If its the same one I found online its 24-5/8” (please correct me if Im wrong), its .25" longer than @rickinAZ set up.

They’re 1/4” longer than the stock arms, whatever that is. I don’t remember what my caster measurement was.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
My LCA measured 24 1/4" center to center.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Right now my castor, with LCAs set to 24.375", is just under 7°. I suspect that 24.25" (the Mopar lift kit ones) would get you to almost 6°, but I'm just estimating. My OEM LCAs had my caster at 5°, which was why my highway tracking was flighty(ish).

Last edited:

Drsaekimdc

First Name
Sae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have a pair of these arms from when I had the Dynatrac lift that doesn’t include adjustable arms. They helped. However I now have a MetalCloak lift that includes adjustable upper and lower arms. If anyone wants to buy my used pair for $40, PM me. Locally in Houston preferred as shipping costs would make it less of a great deal.
Which one was yours? Teraflex (non-adjustable) LCA or from Mopar?
Yeah Mopar LCAs are .25" longer than stock and Teraflex non-adjustable are I believe .625" longer.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Which one was yours? Teraflex (non-adjustable) LCA or from Mopar?
Yeah Mopar LCAs are .25" longer than stock and Teraflex non-adjustable are I believe .625" longer.
I was referring to Mopar LCA.

Drsaekimdc

First Name
Sae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...stable-front-lower-control-arm-kit-0-4-5-lift

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...aflex-falcon-nexus-ef-2-1-steering-stabilizer

TeraFlex makes an adjustable version of the same steering stabilizer, but every YouTube video that I watched kept their setting at the middle setting (of 3) - which is the same as the standard setting on the one I bought. I had low expectations on the steering stabilizer, but it helped my steering as much as the LCAs. The combo virtually solved any steering issues.

The steering stabilizer is an easy DIY, but the LCAs can be challenging w/o a lift due to the 190 lbft requirement. I paid an aftermarket shop $100 to install the LCAs and it was worth every penny.

Northridge offers a 10% member discount (code = "sharktank")

Good luck! And...many thanks to the members who coached me through this when I first was exploring solutions.
just made an order with the link above.
10% discount worked well too.

Ill try the LCA first and add steering stabilizer if needed.

Thanks again @RickAZ and everyone else on this forum!
Sponsored