Debadging Problem

JL GOAT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Why am I unable to bring myself to debadge my JL? I have always thought that driving around with the manufacturer name and model on vehicles was ridiculous. Free advertising. Also, who cares if the bed of your truck says 4x4? I have always taken manufacturer badging off my vehicles (usually have dealer do it before delivery). I think debadged vehicles look clean, sleek, tough. Yet here I am, have had my JL for 8 months and it has every decal from the factory still on it, dealer decals gone naturally. Why? Everyone knows it’s a Jeep Wrangler, it’s not going to be confused with all the other vanilla vehicles on the road. Help me...
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Help me...
First step is admitting you have a problem.

Second step is to debadge it.

Third step is to post high res photos of your Jeep so I can photoshop it out of there to truly convince you.

Fourth step is to debadge your Jeep.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, FCA does a better job than most adding only the number of badges needed, and makes them match.

Japanese automakers are the worst: they will slap 4 different badges onto one single panel, and all will be in different fonts.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
IMO, FCA does a better job than most adding only the least number of badges needed, and makes them match.

Japanese automakers are the worst: they will slap 4 different badges onto one single panel, and all will be in different fonts.
Whoa whoa whoa. Hang on. I think VTAK just kicked in Y0.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Moving the Jeep lettering to the lower fenders puts it in the classic location where it was on CJs, YJs and TJs. That was a good move. I absolutely hated it on the top center of the grille on the JK and removed it the day after I bought it. I will probably remove the Wrangler decal that is beneath the Jeep emblem.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Why am I unable to bring myself to debadge my JL?

Everyone knows it’s a Jeep Wrangler, it’s not going to be confused with all the other vanilla vehicles on the road.
Remove the oversized Rubicon hood decals without delay. You'll feel better immediately. ;)

Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I know there are some ridiculous Subarus out there that came with 5 badges on the rear, but Honda is usually pretty mild when it comes to badging (unless you count Type R badges added by idiots). My stock Honda came with six exterior "H" badges (front & rear, each wheel), and two model badges about 1" x 6" (one on each front fender). That's it. And it is probably the most well know for having the vtec kick in yo, which ironically I tuned for less kick.

In contrast, my JLR came with two Jeep badges on either side, two Wrangler stickers on either side, two RUBICON billboards on either side, four Jeep wheel center-caps, one trail rated badge, and Jeep stamped into the fuel door in case you didn't know yet. There's also five red Jeep silhouettes on the wheels, and one on the windshield. And while not a logo, even the wiper cowl has 7-slots for some subliminal messaging.

I think Jeep is whoring out their brand far worse than Honda.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Personally, I've never had much issue with the manufacturer badging, and only rarely removed stock badges. Now, dealers plastering their stupid little dealership stickers all over a vehicle, THAT drives me insane and has to go immediately. If I have to take a new vehicle home with a dealer sticker on the back, I will stop in the garage and peel that garbage off before I even go in the house.
Sponsored