Problem with Alien Sun Shade

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I came up with a fix for the clips...simply use the bold holes in the windshield frame. Simply use your tool kit and take out the 4 windshield bolts on the sides of the sin visors. I used my cordless drill to quickly remove and reinstall the bolts. You do not need to lower the entire windshield. I just used a pool noodle to give me enough room to work.
I used 6" bungee balls to secure the front of the sunscreen. It was nice and tight in the front. If you would rather have some slack, use 8" bungee balls that can be ordered on amazon for a reasonable price. Be sure to put the balls on the top so it does not interfere with the sun visors. I also used the holes on the side of the roll bar frame for the side bungee ball mounts to even out the mesh. Overall I am very satisfied with the results...and yes I know the mesh in upside down...I would rather see the logo in the Jeep than from the top which few people see.
Here are the pics:
AS1.jpg
AS2.jpg
AS3.jpg
AS4.jpg
AS5.jpg
That was the main problem I had with my Alien shade is like your 3 rd photo. They didn't cut the shades to the right size. Look how much of a gap you have in the rear of the 3rd photo. that's not right. come on you really think that looks good and ok ? really ? sun will be coming through there and its wrong like its not made for that Jeep. They didn't cut it to he right size
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Many here have an Alien Sunshade and are very very happy with same...

Some Alien Sunshade owner's want / desire the front gap as it facilitates their getting to / using the latches on their Bestop Sunrider.... other's have just not used the plastic clips in the front and the sunshade the then resides very close to the front/no gap.

Alien Sunshades are still being sold / purchased / totally enjoyed by many....
Sponsored