First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I had the rear for about a month. The Cherry Red color is back in stock on the front. Alien Sunshade does have a product that covers from front to back, but I thought the two panel product looked a bit more finished.

Rear Install was very easy.

I tried to install the front without putting the window down, but I failed. I wasn't confident I was getting the clips on the leading edge of the window. Removed the four bolts holding the windshield in place and had my son hold it away from the window while I put the clips on. Took maybe less than a minute. Window is very light in that position, probably could have propped against a box, but he wanted to help. ;-)

They are tight enough not to flap and tested to 70mph. The best thing you can see through them and air comes through them though they do cut down on wind and you don't feel like you are sitting in the sun.

Also, when these are on and the hardtop is on, they make a nice accent for a headliner.

Front: https://www.aliensunshade.com/colle...jl-front-jlf-sun-shade-mesh-top-2-door-4-door

Rear: https://www.aliensunshade.com/colle...shade-mesh-top-for-4-door-2018-new-body-style

I see now they also offer in a combo for a few dollars off.

The wrinkles in the front are a result of just having unboxed it. Driving around for a few hours removed them completely.

Next up, reinstall the freshly painted RED rock sliders.

clfR%tDDR2qzG3tXL4Kxvg.jpg
Sponsored

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I also have both in Cherry Red. Had the front one on for several months and just put the back one as well. Great quality and zero complaints! Installing the front is definitely easier when folding down the windshield.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Just ordered my blue rear shade now that they have the color. Glade they still honored their $10 off code from almost 2 months ago!

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Hey Brian!
The sunshade looks great on your Sting-Gray Rubicon. The red really pops!

They are tight enough not to flap and tested to 70mph. The best thing you can see through them and air comes through them though they do cut down on wind and you don't feel like you are sitting in the sun.

Also, when these are on and the hardtop is on, they make a nice accent for a headliner.
And that's what we like to hear!:rock:

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
612E7715-1A6F-409A-B006-D06BBED9B09B.jpeg
Did mine today also. Very nice! Front wasnā€™t to bad for me. If you pull down on the front plastic piece above the visor you can feel the bar where the clips go. Fingers are a little sore lol. That plastic white tab included works well putting the rear bungees on if you still have the hard top on.

@AlienSunshade how long will the bungees last leaving the sunshade on. Iā€™m not planning on taking it off just putting the freedom tops back on. My question is will the bungees start to fray over time and break?

Sponsored

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
Looks great. I have the rear only but debating on getting the front. Afraid a bit of losing the "open air" feel...

FDXGUY

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Iā€™m curious if the rear can be installed without removing the hard top?

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
How'd you get the fold creases out?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
How'd you get the fold creases out?
The creases on mine disappeared in a couple of days. On a sunny day, I simply parked my JLUR outside with the SunShade exposed and that took care of it.

ninab64

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Are you purchasing this on the aliensunshade.com website? I get this when I navigate to their site:

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 9.52.32 AM.png
Sponsored