Sun Shade

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looking for sun shade options. Needs to be full coverage for an unlimited and not be taken off for hardtop reinstall. Pics are great let me see them.

Designs would be cool but do t want to break the bank but don’t mind paying for quality.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Looking for sun shade options. Needs to be full coverage for an unlimited and not be taken off for hardtop reinstall. Pics are great let me see them.

Designs would be cool but do t want to break the bank but don’t mind paying for quality.
@Alf1096 Hey Kody: I made my own out of mesh, grommets and ball ties all found at Harbor Freight. It was inexpensive but by no means fancy, and need not be removed (your concern), regardless of whether I have the soft or hard top on.

It, and many other ideas can be found here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-shade-for-jl-wrangler.6339/

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
7DF5ACA7-2DC6-4B3F-A21C-74CF4C3663B3.jpeg

Jtops. They have a version for hard tops, gives full coverage and they do custom designs. A little pricey but worth it in my opinion.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
7DF5ACA7-2DC6-4B3F-A21C-74CF4C3663B3.jpeg

Jtops. They have a version for hard tops, gives full coverage and they do custom designs. A little pricey but worth it in my opinion.
I heard the jtops is tougher for people who take of and reinstall the hardtop alot. In contrast, alien and spider shades are easier. Thoughts?

Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I heard the jtops is tougher for people who take of and reinstall the hardtop alot. In contrast, alien and spider shades are easier. Thoughts?
I just put my hardtop back on Sunday for rain that is coming this week. It did not impact putting the back piece on at all. You fold the front of the jtop back when putting the freedom tops in, so you can latch them down. The side levers I just moved through the fabric to lock in place. It may have added all of 30 seconds to putting my top back on. I would call that no impact.

joeltron

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I got a full length Alien sunshade for mine. Sits under the hardtop just fine, you can still take off the freedom panels, you just kind of have to push through shade to get the rear two levers to open or lock - not a big deal and it hasn't harmed the sunshade at all.
Sponsored