Sponsored

Debadging Problem

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I plan on doing this with a hidden antenna. How are you running your antenna?
I've got XM, so I wasn't worried about about AM/FM reception and just pushed it inside the body. FM somewhat works, but AM won't tune at all.
Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Why am I unable to bring myself to debadge my JL? I have always thought that driving around with the manufacturer name and model on vehicles was ridiculous. Free advertising. Also, who cares if the bed of your truck says 4x4? I have always taken manufacturer badging off my vehicles (usually have dealer do it before delivery). I think debadged vehicles look clean, sleek, tough. Yet here I am, have had my JL for 8 months and it has every decal from the factory still on it, dealer decals gone naturally. Why? Everyone knows it’s a Jeep Wrangler, it’s not going to be confused with all the other vanilla vehicles on the road. Help me...
Are you going to debadge your shoes and clothes too? What about your sunglasses and hat? lol

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
... If I have to take a new vehicle home with a dealer sticker on the back, I will stop in the garage and peel that garbage off before I even go in the house.
I peel it off right there in the dealership delivery zone. Or require them to remove it if its not easy to remove.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
I make them put a line in the sales agreement that no dealer badges will be added.
I've tried that in the past, but found a few dealers too stubborn to bother reading or remembering not to do so...and once one gets plastered on, I don't trust the dealer to take it back off w/o scratching the paint out of either spite, lack of caring, or incompetence. Or all three.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Why am I unable to bring myself to debadge my JL? ... Help me...
I like the classic Jeep hard emblem but hate the Wrangler sticker. We kept the Willys hood sticker on my wife's Sarge Jeep, but it's solid black so you only really see it occasionally; it's kind of stealthy cool. I could go either way on the Rubicon sticker. If you do take it off, it gives you some prime real-estate for something more personalized.

OP
OP
JL GOAT

JL GOAT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I always leave the hard badges on. But the decals go away pretty quick, except for the hood decal.
Are you going to debadge your shoes and clothes too? What about your sunglasses and hat? lol
Although I buy name brand things...when buying sneakers, clothing I lean for quality with subdued clolors so brand is what is noticed. Been doing it for decades, I need help.

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
I don't mind the Jeep badge but I removed the Wrangler and Unlimited decals. It's a Jeep. Wrangler and Unlimited add no new information. And I like the cleaner look. (Left the 4X4 decal on rear gate, as it's retro cool.) Adding Black Gorilla lugs next, so that colors are basically Sting-Gray and Black.
Jeep Wrangler JL Debadging Problem Willys wo Decals

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I lean for quality with subdued clolors so brand is what is noticed.
On clothes, you WANT the brand to be noticed. Is this what you meant to say? That seems like the opposite of your feelings on vehicle branding.