Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
You also need to remember the JL was release back in 2018 while this Bronco is going to come out in 2021. Most likely, if Bronco actually performs on jeep trails, jeep will change the game again. Ford release their latest/best. Jeep is ahead because its tested the JL in the real world for 3 years already. The Bronco should be a lot better than the JL and that only time will tell, if it isnt. then theyre behind.
They've been in the real world for three years yet people are still complaining about loose steering? Real world testing? Umm. :bandit: Ford did a lot of things right with this Bronco. I'm not saying that the Wrangler is going anywhere any time soon, they're definitely going to have to step up their game when time comes for updates.
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....

Sponsored

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
Wow I would say the opposite. Buying Wranglers and Gladiators at 5-8% below invoice as soon as they were introduced - Do you think that is going to happen with the Bronco?

My buying experience in March 2018 when the Wrangler first came out was the best dealer experience I have ever had.
Agree.
Although I had to haggle around to get 4% off invoice, its still unheard of on a new launch vehicle, and this was almost 3 years ago now.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
I found some pics of the 2 door cargo area. Look at that space. Ford did their homework. Great for those who prefer a 2 door. I think the 2 door Bronco looks awesome. It will be interesting to see the split in terms of sales with the 2 door and 4 door.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread E7AE5BCC-3A30-42D3-8655-F60A8E3CF41F

Sponsored

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Can’t speak for the spec sheet, but here’s what the website says:

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread E7AE5BCC-3A30-42D3-8655-F60A8E3CF41F

The spec sheet is from the Ford website which is making it even more confusing as they are saying that the soft top is both available and unavailable at the same time.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Most people did not like that the 2.0 cost $1000 more at the time but offered relatively little performance gains over the 3.6. In contrast the Ford Bronco base engines clearly offer a significant power/torque difference over the Wrangler base engines. People are more willing to take a "risk" with their purchase if the reward is clearly greater too.
I beg to differ on the performance gain of the 2.0 over the 3.6. Maybe not so much at lower elevations, but where I live the 2.0T is a much better performer over the 3.6. I test drove both and honestly could not even consider the 3.6 after that. But to each their own.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
For me, the engine options were the most attractive thing I saw. The 2.7L V6 definitely made me a little green with envy. Turbos don’t get a lot of love but my current vehicle (2011 Sonata) has a 2.0L turbo and it’s BY FAR the best engine in any car I’ve ever owned. Zero issues other than normal maintenance and it is a blast to drive. Ford by a nose.

The exterior design is good but not great. I think it looks good and has good proportions. The front is different and unlike anything else Ford offers. Standing out is always a good thing IMO. The JL looks way better to me. Immediately recognized and more sporty. It also looks sleek compared to the Bronco and that’s really saying something. Jeep gets the nod here.

The interior is where the hype fell apart for me. I thought it looked very generic and bland and appears to have been designed with zero regard for the exterior design language. Some of the features are pretty cool but that doesn’t save it for me. I think the steering wheel looks TERRIBLE. I also cannot stand that blue-ish green that Ford uses for interior backlighting. No thanks. Way off what I was expecting interior-wise. Jeep by a landslide.

I’m very happy that Ford has re-entered this segment and is taking it straight to the Wrangler. Competition means almost everyone wins.

I’m not cancelling my 2020 JLU on order; not even close. Team Jeep.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
The spec sheet is from the Ford website which is making it even more confusing as they are saying that the soft top is both available and unavailable at the same time.
That instance I think they have it flipped. Everything else indicates 2 door gets a hard top stock.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I get the sense from the commercial that Ford is targeting the "go fast Offroad" segment, compared to the Jeep "low and slow rock crawler" segment.

I also think that Sport is targeting the Overlander community, not the mall crawler moms.
Jeep has been targeting the soccer mom and mall crawler group ever sense the four door came out. Jeep cares little to nothing about the rock crawling enthusiast.
Sponsored