2019 Troller T4 Trail By Ford Brazil, Wrangler competition? Bronco Inspiration?

lightsout

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara, Tesla Model-S, Infinity G37 Hardtop Convertible, 2018 Fleetwood Bounder 35K, Bayliner 4588 Motor Yacht

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2.0L
If Wrangler and FJ Cruiser had babies, it would look like this.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I think this is one of the few times I would approve of an Angry Bird Grille.

I do like the diesel engine paired with a manual transmission though.

Mad Hatter

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Adorable, perhaps. I started drafting this before Arterius2 posted, but I had already concluded and agree that it kind of looks like a cross between a Wrangler and a Toyota FJ Cruiser. The question is what would it look like after the EPA, NHTSA, and others got ahold of it? :lipssealed:

It is also an International Marketing Case Study in waiting: This vehicle is a great example of how brands and model names don't always travel well between countries/cultures/languages: "Troller" as a derivative of "Troll" doesn't have the best of connotations in U.S. English, especially on web forums!

If Ford decided to bring it or a variant to the US market, it might sell, but Ford would be wise to offer it under a different name.

MH

P.S.: Troller's Brazilian website: https://www.troller.com.br/. It's in Portuguese, but Google Chrome can translate for you.

Wikipedia also has some information at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troller_T4

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement