Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 700 61.0%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 235 20.5%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 110 9.6%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 102 8.9%

• Total voters

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Now
Vehicle Showcase

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Simsy71

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
So I saw in Portland today. Outer Banks and Big Bend. I have a 2018 JLUR. I have a reservation but plan to also keep the Jeep. I left disappointed. Biggest reason is like others have said - lots of plastic. Maybe production models will be a bit better? I think I’ll hold off for now. Maybe a future test drive will blow me away?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw a video about the 10 things hated about the Bronco, by that particular youtuber. Most of them were trivial, but one caught my attention. The lower front shock mounting studs and nuts hang, as the lowest point, below the lower a-frame. The Bronco in question was a Badlands with sasquatch package. Imagine how fun of a ride home it'll be with the front shocks hanging useless from the upper mounts. 😕

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw a video about the 10 things hated about the Bronco, by that particular youtuber. Most of them were trivial, but one caught my attention. The lower front shock mounting studs and nuts hang, as the lowest point, below the lower a-frame. The Bronco in question was a Badlands with sasquatch package. Imagine how fun of a ride home it'll be with the front shocks hanging useless from the upper mounts. 😕
He who shall not be named on this forum?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
He who shall not be named on this forum?
Pony boy? No. Some guy with a beard and glasses. Kept trying to sell me on a VPN.

Actually, I forgot that YouTube saves ones watch list. Just remembered my wife asking about all the ass shaking videos mixed in with Jeeps. Lol

Be right back.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Pony boy? No. Some guy with a beard and glasses. Kept trying to sell me on a VPN.

Actually, I forgot that YouTube saves ones watch list. Just remembered my wife asking about all the ass shaking videos mixed in with Jeeps. Lol

Be right back.

ah okay. I'll check this out.

Edit: So 9 minor complaints and 1 actual problem... plus 20% of the video dedicated to VPN advertisement...

Last edited:

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
PCD tooling manufacturing & sales
Vehicle Showcase
This last Saturday there were a number of Broncos in various configurations at the dunes. They seem to easily navigate Silver Lake (as the Wrangler does). I am not a fan of the box body look nor the plastic/gimmicky interior. Jeep Wrangler definitely has the more mature interior components and feel. Was seriously thinking Bronco because of the initial promo video, but glad I decided "Jeep".

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement