JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious what excuses will be made for the front lower shock mounting stud on the sasquatch package being left to hang as the lowest spot on the bottom of the short a-arms.

I'm guessing that it was conveniently forgotten, like Aldos mention of how cheap the thing was finished.

T Town

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Hi, thought I’d add another video. I registered at this site a week or two ago to add info. Since then, and even before, I’ve been really looking at all the threads and love how current Jeep owners have been modding their vehicles.
The vid was shot by a Bronco lover so he pretty much cares about his stuff like you do yours.
This ride takes place in Tennessee I believe so it gives you an idea of what kind of conditions people east of the Mississippi routinely deal with.
Keep in mind this is a road embellished by Ford to showcase certain attributes of the Bronco. An example is the rock brought in for the 20 yard rock crawl. It’s not the Rubicon so don’t laugh. It’s a marketing exercise.
Also skip the first 5 minutes to get to the drive. Lots of talk but I like the guys genuine enthusiasm.

T Town

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I have to add; I think the trail turn assist will be seen as an option that acts counter to tread lightly. If you get a few hundred vehicles doing that on Black Bear Pass or whatever it is in Colorado I feel the turn will get very rutted over time. I can see this ability being frowned upon or discouraged at some point dependent on volume of usage.

Gorpf

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 392 NO LONGER on order
Occupation
Retired
This just in: Ford to stop Bronco production for two weeks https://www.autonews.com/suppliers/ford-stop-production-bronco-ranger-plant-2-weeks

I realize chip shortages are a thing right now, but geez, Bronco just keeps getting hit with one delay after another!
FWIW.....

The endless delays are likely due to engineering/design flaws in tops that leak after being removed that have not been resolved before production ramps up.

Also have been reports of technical glitches with trail turn assist and electronic front sway bar disconnect features during ride along events.

Oilburner

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I have to add; I think the trail turn assist will be seen as an option that acts counter to tread lightly. If you get a few hundred vehicles doing that on Black Bear Pass or whatever it is in Colorado I feel the turn will get very rutted over time. I can see this ability being frowned upon or discouraged at some point dependent on volume of usage.
Yup - just like the Rivian doing that roundy-round thing (which I can't see being an actual production option = looks out of control to me) You can turn 360 degrees in a skid-steer exactly like that, it will really churn up the ground.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
FWIW.....

The endless delays are likely due to engineering/design flaws in tops that leak after being removed that have not been resolved before production ramps up.

Also have been reports of technical glitches with trail turn assist and electronic front sway bar disconnect features during ride along events.
The 2025 bronco will be nice

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 ZHP / WK2 / JLUR
The window switch locations is an interesting one for those lacking T-rex arms.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW.....

It took Jeep 80 years to develop tops that don’t leak.

Ford is starting from zero. Those frameless doors can’t be helping on that regard, either.

Good luck to them.

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I was thinking the same thing.
Hi, thought I’d add another video. I registered at this site a week or two ago to add info. Since then, and even before, I’ve been really looking at all the threads and love how current Jeep owners have been modding their vehicles.
The vid was shot by a Bronco lover so he pretty much cares about his stuff like you do yours.
This ride takes place in Tennessee I believe so it gives you an idea of what kind of conditions people east of the Mississippi routinely deal with.
Keep in mind this is a road embellished by Ford to showcase certain attributes of the Bronco. An example is the rock brought in for the 20 yard rock crawl. It’s not the Rubicon so don’t laugh. It’s a marketing exercise.
Also skip the first 5 minutes to get to the drive. Lots of talk but I like the guys genuine enthusiasm.

The video was pretty embarassing. Looked like the road crew came in and prepped prior to paving. lol

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I was thinking the same thing.

The video was pretty embarassing. Looked like the road crew came in and prepped prior to paving. lol
I found it hard to believe that they were impressed that they were going about 20 or 30 mph on a smooth trail. I was totally like wow.

shlotch

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Haha, backwater-bro over here using his mask like it's a skid-plate for his chin. Gotta keep the dust off those chin-pubes!

Capture.PNG

Goin2drt

Reaction score
Kentucky (formerly Peoples Republik of Kalifornia)
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Oh good lord the haters are reaching now.

T Town

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Oh good lord the haters are reaching now.
I’m not a hater. I plan on buying a Bronco. I am a little concerned about that trail turn though. I don’t know if it was there before but in the video there is some weird stuff going on with the surface where they were demonstrating the trail turn. It may be from the demonstrations. There had to be quite a few. I am simply wondering if the repeated use caused any of it.
I think TTA is a great maneuver and it looks like it has a legitimate use. I just wonder if it would lead to some trail damage if over used.
I’ve only posted a little on this thread mostly to correct some of the disinformation or ignorance about the Bronco. I’m not here to defend or advocate like most others.
Right now I’m in the midst of buying a van but when the Bronco comes out with something like the 4xe I will seriously consider it. It would be a great electric vehicle around town and a wonderful off roader when I need it. Two cars in one. I’m sure that is some of the allure of the 4xe to a few folks on this site.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I agree. I LOVE to go fast as well. I trussed my axles upgraded shafts front and rear, as well as throwing in ADS shocks. Works great with all this but honestly stock it was amazing too. My thoughts on IFS and speed/handling is mostly from reading up on the benefits. So I give them credit in that venue, but in tech I have seen them, they are pretty silly unless you lengthen the arms quite a bit.

Havent noticed any suspension issues stock. When I went to 35s the suspension didnt work as well but that is understandable. 37s 4 inch lift, ADS suspension and it's gold.

I used to race dirt bikes (KTM 300s CR500AF's)and still go fast and know suspension and reading the terrain. Again I agree the JL is fun as hell ripping but I still think the Bronco with a 2.7 will be magic going fast.

BTW I just got back from the Bronco safari (they have to copy everything jeep does lol ) And a nice guy I was yapping to mention the bronco did mickey's hot tub. I didnt want to hurt his feelings but that isnt much of a feat. The obstacle is best conquered with a mostly stock rig. Low slung and a long wheel base will get you up top. Top well set up rigs have the most problems because most are the opposite of what you need there.
Interesting, when I do a lift I'll have to check out ADS. I was thinking just 2" lift and 35s, so it'd be a lot smaller than yours.
Agree on the bronco with the ecoboost, that thing should perform really well.

Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement