Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 700 61.0%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 235 20.5%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 110 9.6%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 102 8.9%

• Total voters

rallydefault

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Would be? They were lame from the beginning. Fortunately, they were all jammed into one, because they all went the same way. A bunch of posts started stirring the pot, just for the sake of it, with talk about how the bronco will outshine the Wrangler in every way. That was quickly followed by analytical breakdown of the many demo videos that clearly showed its weaknesses. Finally, rather than conceding, those same posters continue to backpeddle and wrongly compartmentalize those weaknesses to only being an issue if "climbing rocks". Now, we are left with mirror talk and justification for having 3x the weatherstripping in the roof.

Using the term lame, was actually a nicety.
Cue the gif lol :rock:

But seriously, I don't mind reading both sides here. I just... I don't know. I feel kind of bad because I think a lot of people get really caught up in all this talk and kind of force themselves into expensive vehicles that they never even use the capabilities of.

Advertisement

WRGLR-JL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Last summer you whined Jeep guys are just brushing the Bronco off because it’s not a Jeep. I remember asking you for specific examples of Jeep people putting down the Bronco which ironically was never responded to. I wonder why..

Let’s ask a similar question again. By either quoting or linking the posts, who exactly is suggesting the Bronco is not Jeep Wrangler competition? There’s a lot of mental gymnastics going on in this thread and it’s mostly one sided..
It's not really a lot of gymnastics. Trolls aren't good at gymnastics.🙃

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Cue the gif lol :rock:

But seriously, I don't mind reading both sides here. I just... I don't know. I feel kind of bad because I think a lot of people get really caught up in all this talk and kind of force themselves into expensive vehicles that they never even use the capabilities of.
That's exactly why I don't cease to respond to these threads. To point out the other side of why Jeep did this and Ford did that. To offer full disclosure, which goes a long way towards someone making an informed purchase.

As a quick example, I'll mention the slew of 2.0 vs 3.6 threads. Reading most of the posts, a non mechanical buyer would be left thinking that the turbo is destined to blow up in short order and that a kitten gets gutted for every 2.0 purchase. I've already come across a few posts from people that went with the 3.6 and settled on being uninspired. They happened to have driven a 2.0, after the fact, and instantly had buyers remorse because they kept reading posts about it not being good in a heavier Jeep. They, unfortunately, didn't know well enough to realize that they were taking advice from people that aren't qualified or have never even seen the inside of an engine. But that doesn't seem to stop them from spreading false information.

I'm babbling.

Also, nothing for anyone to feel bad about. People have been buying expensive vehicles that never see a fraction of their full capability, since before Jeeps even existed. It's human nature to want more than is really needed. My take is that someone who makes it far enough to be on this board, should already know what they're getting into. Rather than dissuade them from spending, I'd rather focus on helping them spend wisely.

Oh, and so I don't miss my cue.... ;)

giphy (9).gif

Hahaha! Gotcha buddy!

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst

One thing I’ll be curious about is Ford’s relationship with the aftermarket companies.

Ford clearly understands the ever increasing amount of money to be made off of accessories in the overlanding community and have quite the rollout of accessories that aftermarket companies brought into being: dash rails, limb risers, rock lights, recovery boards, storage drawers, etc.). I wonder how many folks will not shop outside of Ford’s network so as to not disrupt their clean OEM aesthetic.

I foresee a great wave of overlanding Bronco mall crawlers. It will be nice to cross that one off the “It’s a Jeep thing” list.

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
As far as EJS concepts go, these are very mild.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey gents quick question: My solid axle JL has bad front end wheel hop in deep snow when spinning, as do most SFA rigs in my experience. I'm guessing the bronco IFS would not do that? It's not enough to make me switch, but just curious. We plowed through some NASTY back roads 2wks ago, first rig to make it over the mountain pass on this seasonal back road, but I had to be careful with wheel speed, too much and the wheel hop was atrocious.....but as some of you know wheel speed is important in deep snow.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

most of the action is after 12 min.
Also Lite Brite’s new video has the Bronco in it. Maybe they can share if it’s missing something in regards to articulation and suspension travel....

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer

I thought this was pretty good. Lite Brite does some great stuff with their Wranglers so I'm interested to see what they do with their Bronco.

Dyolfknip74

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

I thought this was pretty good. Lite Brite does some great stuff with their Wranglers so I'm interested to see what they do with their Bronco.
The only thing I really like is the brake steering. She lost it when he disconnected the sway bar on an obstacle........but why wouldnt you just disconnect at the start of the obstacle anyway?
I'm saying that, comparing options to options, this thing is close to $10k CDN more than unpaid for my full loaded JLUR.

Edit: coming from a Focus RS, that 2.7 EcoBoost would be amazing also. Lol.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
but why would you just disconnect at the start of the obstacle anyway?
Most of us disconnect before the start of the trail if you don't have the fancy button. But yeah, Ford added an answer for a question that probably wasn't asked and hyped it up.

Other things on the Bronco I do like though.

Dyolfknip74

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Most of us disconnect before the start of the trail if you don't have the fancy button. But yeah, Ford added an answer for a question that probably wasn't asked and hyped it up.

Other things on the Bronco I do like though.
Sorry, should have said "wouldn't". Corrected.

Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement