Sponsored

2020 Ford Bronco and baby Bronco models teased to take on Wrangler and Renegade?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
They’re already pretty unsafe on the road with 260 torque. If they had over 500 like a Ford they’d be deathtraps.
Well, we’re getting well over 400 with the 3.0, so we’ll see how many people fling themselves off mountain roads and bridges due to all that extra power...
Sponsored

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P85+ / Subaru Baja Turbo 5-Speed
I think they’re only allowing the 3.0 in the long wheelbase unlimited just for that very reason. And 240 hp 420 tq isn’t really the same as 375hp/470tq. Diesel is a different beast entirely.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I think they’re only allowing the 3.0 in the long wheelbase unlimited just for that very reason. And 240 hp 420 tq isn’t really the same as 375hp/470tq. Diesel is a different beast entirely.
Aye. 420lb-ft will haul some pretty good ass across the entire rev range, but nothing will hide the fact that a maximum of 240hp has limited acceleration capabilities at WOT. Horsepower is just torque per time unit. Diesels might crank out 50% more torque at a certain RPM, but at the high end that gets beaten by the fact a gasser is turning twice as many revolutions per second..

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
They will do it right with a raptor variant. Or wrong with the chassis they already think Ford Explorer Either way it will be with ifs not solid axels I think it will be based on a new ranger with however that is. Let’s see if they run the rubicon Or similar in it. My guess is nope!:giggle:

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The broncos were pretty hot back in the day- I’ll admit I wanted a full size one - Back then. Problem is a huge generation gap since those days. After pissing off bronco and bronco II fans and basically making it non existent for decades, now they wanna bring it back. I’ll bet many Ford loyalists turned their back on Ford after that.

It just seems about as “gimmicky” as the retro Camaro, Challenger or Mustang.

Meanwhile- the wrangler has been going steady all this time. No gimmicks for nostalgia purposes- it’s been here during the Broncos absence.

I’ll admit I’m interested in how this turns out, but I’ll definitely be buying a Wrangler. Just the look of this Bronco could make or break the model.
Yes they killed the bronco when they came out with that bronco 2. it was so darn ugly

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh I had a bronco II and loved it. :( I even got an explorer sport because it reminded me of the bronco II and I actually loved my sport too. I guess it’s just aesthetics. I thought they looked awesome especially that huge rear glass.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Yes they killed the bronco when they came out with that bronco 2. it was so darn ugly
Nicole Brown Smith and Ronald Goldman were not the only things OJ killed that day! Haha

6307260D-651E-4764-BF6E-0753573BA319.jpeg

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Will they be making this in 4 door? I haven't seen a rendering of it yet but imagine it would look goofy in anything but a 2 door.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it’ll probably sell really well no matter what they do. I’m hoping for a 2 door, long wheelbase, full independent suspension and at least a 2.7 v6. I imagine it’ll be very similar to the 4Runner.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
N
Thats not a wrangler thats a liberty
. and yes i would drive that before a liberty
?..... where did I say it was?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Will they be making this in 4 door? I haven't seen a rendering of it yet but imagine it would look goofy in anything but a 2 door.
In this environment, a 4-door version is almost a given. A 2-door-only Bronco will not sell enough to make this a good return on investment for Ford.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Just my opinion: I’ve owned an FJ Cruiser and 2 Bronco IIs. Loved em. But the Jeep stands out. Even if you don’t get all the add ons that Ford will likely have, the Wrangler is just one of those vehicles people gravitate to. If I’m talking to someone and say I own a Jeep, they instantly say “cool- I’ve always wanted one of those!” On the same token, I’ve said I own and FJ (or Bronco) and people tend to nod and say, “oh, did you like it?”

It’s that factor that makes it fun to drive as well. But then again- I’ve owned more cars than I can count, so I’ve been able to weed myself to this being my happy place vehicle.

That said- I’m actually more curious than anything. I think it would be neat to see a Bronco back on the road. But if anyone knows today’s ford- you better prepare for a much different version than the rendering. Think F150 mated with an Edge. . .

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I give credit to Ford for keeping this such a great secret so far. We’re about a year away from production and nobody really knows what it’s going to be or any real details. I find that amazing in this day and age.
Sponsored