Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 701 61.0%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 235 20.4%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 110 9.6%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 104 9.0%

• Total voters

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I love my Jeep and I don't see anything on the Bronco that makes me want to switch.

But I think the Bronco looks great and I think its gonna be a great vehicle and a lot of fun.

Advertisement

rallydefault

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
It looks awesome. Will certainly be a tempting option in a couple years. With the types of offroading I do, the IFS, even if it's literally just an IFS with zero improvements whatsoever, will be totally fine. Better, even, for beach driving.

I don't know, I'm torn. Bronco is still nearly a year until they start appearing in the actual world, so lots of time. Just looking at it makes me kinda mad, though. Where are our half doors? Where are those cut-out doors that were shown at the jl reveal? The concept V8 FCA just showed off has half doors, so they know dang well it's something we're clamoring for.

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
This thread is funny....it's 2020...for the complainers, go back two years and you'll read about the JL and how it "hit it out if the park","Best Jeep yet", Jeep outdid themselves" ,"firmly stop the off-road world". All of the love fest we see for the Bronco.

Innovative and cool, yes?
Life-changing and revolutionary? No

And this is from a guy who thinks you can have both...it's just funny how we forget the love affair two years ago because someone else showed up to the party.

BTW, did we forget about the Hemi...the sound of that alone makes me care about a lot less features.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
OCONUS until late 2022 at the earliest...
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
On the spec sheet under the Bronco models it says N/A for soft top dimensions which lead me to believe there is no soft top option.
Soft Top.jpg
Can’t speak for the spec sheet, but here’s what the website says:

4DC607FD-6A72-4581-8B45-4BB8E5EF2446.jpeg

693FCC90-123C-4F83-81F7-8A82D15F8348.jpeg

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The new Landrover Defender looks nothing like the last one. The new Bronco looks nothing like the old one. Whereas most people cant tell the difference between a CJ and JL. Jeep is cooler.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
It is going to be a very thought out decision when my JLU lease is up in sept 2021.
Can I put 33s on it without lifting like I can a JL?
MPG
Transmission issues?
I will begin my research.
I leased a 4dr because I needed 4drs in 2018 and I love top down doors off driving.
I have always liked the style of a wrangler and the old broncos.
They did a nice job designing the 2dr bronco, glad they did, because I will never be driving a 4dr anything again.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
You also need to remember the JL was release back in 2018 while this Bronco is going to come out in 2021. Most likely, if Bronco actually performs on jeep trails, jeep will change the game again. Ford release their latest/best. Jeep is ahead because its tested the JL in the real world for 3 years already. The Bronco should be a lot better than the JL and that only time will tell, if it isnt. then theyre behind.
They've been in the real world for three years yet people are still complaining about loose steering? Real world testing? Umm. :bandit: Ford did a lot of things right with this Bronco. I'm not saying that the Wrangler is going anywhere any time soon, they're definitely going to have to step up their game when time comes for updates.

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR dingy, Ram3500 diesel 4x4 Tiger RV
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
union sheet metal worker 34 yrs. (retired 2008)
Vehicle Showcase

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
OCONUS until late 2022 at the earliest...
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....

iki4life

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
Wow I would say the opposite. Buying Wranglers and Gladiators at 5-8% below invoice as soon as they were introduced - Do you think that is going to happen with the Bronco?

My buying experience in March 2018 when the Wrangler first came out was the best dealer experience I have ever had.
Agree.
Although I had to haggle around to get 4% off invoice, its still unheard of on a new launch vehicle, and this was almost 3 years ago now.

Kizzo

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
I found some pics of the 2 door cargo area. Look at that space. Ford did their homework. Great for those who prefer a 2 door. I think the 2 door Bronco looks awesome. It will be interesting to see the split in terms of sales with the 2 door and 4 door.

E7AE5BCC-3A30-42D3-8655-F60A8E3CF41F.jpeg

Advertisement

Extreme Terrain

Advertisement