2.0 Engine Skid Plates

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon Manual Trans
Any of you AZ people have the factory skid you can pass on to me? I just received my skid for the 3.6 and it utilizes the factory crossmember. I have a manual transmission which does not come with one. Ugh. Help?
I am in the desert of Calif and just got a 2021 JLU rubicon with manual. I noticed that that cross brace. I had to order if from MOPAR. Should be here this week.
Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the desert of Calif and just got a 2021 JLU rubicon with manual. I noticed that that cross brace. I had to order if from MOPAR. Should be here this week.
My 2021 manual rubicon did come with one.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The oil change is a pain with the Asfir and I’m working on a solution that would be best implemented BEFORE you install. I picked up some JB Weld Water Weld (for use with aluminum). It’s basically a dam.

I kneaded it and made it into a rope (it’s a touch more gooey than the regular JB from my memory. Just wait for it to start to get warm from the chemical hardening process and that should make it easier to work with. Get the section of rope into position and press down/contour as you see fit. I put a curve in one side to cup the area.

I did the drain plug area and forgot about the mess the oil filter adapter drains down until the oil change so now I need to go back in and add more. SMH

Again, get some Water Weld and do it before you install. It’s more difficult to do a nice job because it’s tight above the skid.

Borowing a pic looking from the front of the skid from MILT earlier in the thread to illustrate (Thanks)….

To get the drips to break off and fall on both sides of the cutout rather than running down toward the back of the Jeep I’d run the rope of weld over the edge of the cutout and actually come to a small piece pointing down past the bottom of the skid.
Hi do you have the 2.0?

I have the Artec aluminum skid, and I had the dealer do the "free" oil change an my transmission/tcase skid was dripping oil for 2 weeks since it was pooled there. I'm trying to find out if the oil just sprayed past the hole for the drain of from the filter or what.

Do you have any more pictures of the bath the oil was taking? and the dam?

Thanks.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Hi do you have the 2.0?

I have the Artec aluminum skid, and I had the dealer do the "free" oil change an my transmission/tcase skid was dripping oil for 2 weeks since it was pooled there. I'm trying to find out if the oil just sprayed past the hole for the drain of from the filter or what.

Do you have any more pictures of the bath the oil was taking? and the dam?

Thanks.
Yes, a 2.0 and it runs from the filter and when the drain plug is just barely making a stream or dripping…it runs the general downhill path of these blue lines pictured and comes out of both rectangular holes at the back.

I have part of it Pictured in my last post on the edge of the picture. Problem is I need to modify the dam (grinder) and make a couplemore coming from the oil filter area funneling it all to the drain plug cutout area.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates F3BA837B-3083-42FD-AF27-957282871ACC

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yes, a 2.0 and it runs from the filter and when the drain plug is just barely making a stream or dripping…it runs the general downhill path of these blue lines pictured and comes out of both rectangular holes at the back.

I have part of it Pictured in my last post on the edge of the picture. Problem is I need to modify the dam (grinder) and make a couplemore coming from the oil filter area funneling it all to the drain plug cutout area.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates F3BA837B-3083-42FD-AF27-957282871ACC
Thank you for the detailed answer. I'm a masochist. I keep on taking the Jeep for the "free" oil change and tire rotation, only to find my lugnuts severely overtorqued, my belly skid full of oil and having to waste time removing/reinstalling the Tazer.

Why do I do these things? It's right up there with taking the free breakfast/beach day at a timeshare pitch only to be held hostage for 2 hours afterwards.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Asfir vs. M.O.R.E.

The M.O.R.E. is wider, but unfortunately doesn't fit 2018 2-doors due to the gas tank (2019+ is OK). Even thought the M.O.R.E. skid was way heavier, the Asfir brackets were actually heavier.

Asfir skid ≈ 4 gauge aluminum
M.O.R.E. skid ≈ 8 gauge Steel

Asfir brackets ≈ 0 gauge steel
M.O.R.E. brackets ≈ 3 gauge steel

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates PXL_20210918_150415636

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates PXL_20210918_150739713

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates PXL_20210918_150642234

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates PXL_20210918_151406795

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates PXL_20210918_151435537

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates PXL_20210918_151053409

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates PXL_20210918_151517256

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates PXL_20210918_151537182

Reactions: J0E

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Asfir skid ≈ 4 gauge aluminum
M.O.R.E. skid ≈ 8 gauge steel

Asfir brackets ≈ 0 gauge steel
M.O.R.E. brackets ≈ 3 gauge steel
Forgot to add the stock crossmember for comparison: 14 gauge steel "tube"

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates PXL_20210918_151455476

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso

Sponsored

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The oil change is a pain with the Asfir and I’m working on a solution that would be best implemented BEFORE you install. I picked up some JB Weld Water Weld (for use with aluminum). It’s basically a dam.

I kneaded it and made it into a rope (it’s a touch more gooey than the regular JB from my memory. Just wait for it to start to get warm from the chemical hardening process and that should make it easier to work with. Get the section of rope into position and press down/contour as you see fit. I put a curve in one side to cup the area.

I did the drain plug area and forgot about the mess the oil filter adapter drains down until the oil change so now I need to go back in and add more. SMH

Again, get some Water Weld and do it before you install. It’s more difficult to do a nice job because it’s tight above the skid.

Borowing a pic looking from the front of the skid from MILT earlier in the thread to illustrate (Thanks)….

To get the drips to break off and fall on both sides of the cutout rather than running down toward the back of the Jeep I’d run the rope of weld over the edge of the cutout and actually come to a small piece pointing down past the bottom of the skid.

Valvomax oil drain system. I installed it on my last oil change right before installing the Asfir skid. It comes with a little drain tube you plug on their drain bolt, so oil flows through a tube and you can direct it wherever you want. It was cheap too, like $40 maybe?

Havent tried it yet but hope it works!

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Valvomax oil drain system. I installed it on my last oil change right before installing the Asfir skid. It comes with a little drain tube you plug on their drain bolt, so oil flows through a tube and you can direct it wherever you want. It was cheap too, like $40 maybe?

Havent tried it yet but hope it works!
Someone has suggested this a few times. If I smash my skid, I’ll definitely smash a valve hanging out. And it’ll give leverage to harm the threads is my thinking.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Someone has suggested this a few times. If I smash my skid, I’ll definitely smash a valve hanging out. And it’ll give leverage to harm the threads is my thinking.
I dont think it sticks out enough to be smashed. Plus if you end up bending the skid that badly itd have to be a catastrophic hit, and youll smash other things including the oil pan. There is also a big hole on the skid where the valvemax is located. I honestly dont think this is likely. But I dont know how close to the skid it is on the 2.0. It is pretty far on the 3.6. I also hope the skid has enough support to not go that far on a hit. Hell if it does it would cause more damage than that lol.
Sponsored