OP
OP
freddiegs

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Saw that, but it's about $90 more when shipping is calculated.
Does it cover the transmission also?
Yeah that's the only hesitation about going with Rusty's is the shipping cost. I've called them and they said that's just how much it was do to weight. Quadratec is a dealer too and offer free shipping on most orders but they don't currently sell the skids :facepalm:
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah that's the only hesitation about going with Rusty's is the shipping cost. I've called them and they said that's just how much it was do to weight. Quadratec is a dealer too and offer free shipping on most orders but they don't currently sell the skids :facepalm:
Did they not give you a freight option?
Either way being that it’s USA made, a few dollars more isn’t a big deal to me. However everyone’s needs are different.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did they not give you a freight option?
Either way being that it’s USA made, a few dollars more isn’t a big deal to me. However everyone’s needs are different.
Few dollars more? It is $90 difference.
They do give shipping options and the cheapest is $70, 2 day air was $440.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Few dollars more? It is $90 difference.
They do give shipping options and the cheapest is $70, 2 day air was $440.
Sure on the engine skid it’s a good chunk. I bought the full set and I think my shipping was sub $200.

For me a $90 premium to buy local is worth it. I just view it as staying out of the bar with the fellows for a night.

OP
OP
freddiegs

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Sure on the engine skid it’s a good chunk. I bought the full set and I think my shipping was sub $200.

For me a $90 premium to buy local is worth it. I just view it as staying out of the bar with the fellows for a night.
Yeah the do offer free shipping on the complete kit right now but I feel $70 is a little to much to pay for shipping.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Yeah the do offer free shipping on the complete kit right now but I feel $70 is a little to much to pay for shipping.
For reference I sent a spare set of factory upper control arms to a guy in Washington state that needed them. USPS was $46.30. Absolutely ridiculous for a box as two arms which weighed 10.41 lbs. shipping is expensive anyway you look at it.

Brett

jerrygcoffey

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0T w/ eTorque
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have the Rustys and they are fantastic and work well. I would recommend them to anyone.

Here is a shot from when they were new. Do not look this shiny anymore.

upload_2019-11-10_8-10-46.jpeg
How are these still holding up?? Thinking about these but the reviews are no where to be found.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How are these still holding up?? Thinking about these but the reviews are no where to be found.
I beat the heck out of them in Moab and other than the scratches and a small dent where the jeep fell on to them hard I have ZERO complaints. The coating is very tough and easy to touch up.

I would recommend them with zero hesitation.

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I have the Asfir engine skid and it bolts right up with the factory Rubi skids. The hardest part of the install is getting the drivers side bolt on through the metal tab.

Overall I am VERY happy with the skid and the protection it provides. I have had no rubbing at full flex and still at stock Rubi height.

Ken~