Which Shocks

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I've noticed the same thing. The 2.0's with LSC adjustment are only listed for the rear in the JL portion of their website. I suspect this may just be an oversight - was going to shoot them an e-mail, but since we're here... @AccuTunedJL ?
The Fox 2.0 R/R - LSC shock shown is something we offered before fox had a OEM direct fit shock for the JL and JT. They took a very long time to release shocks for the JL so we made our own. Once their shocks became available, we discontinued the Fox 2.0 R/R shocks we were converting. For some reason, Fox does not offer a 2.0 R/R with LSC for the front. Not an oversight. You can also check Fox's website for all shock options:
https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php?m=truck&make=Jeep&model=Wrangler+JL&year=2019&position=Front

Upgrading a Fox 2.0 to have a LSC adjuster. For most shocks, yes this is an option and pretty straight forward. However, Fox and their JL specific 2.0 R/R shock... this is not currently an option. The JL shocks have a larger hose/fittings than a standard 2.0. The fitting simply is way too large and wont work. I went and snapped some photos to visually explain it a little better:

[images below] Fox 2.0 for the FRONT of a Jeep JL is the larger of the two hoses. The smaller hose is standard size for the 2.0 shocks, which is also used the the LSC shocks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Which Shocks fox-lsc-hose-fittings_01

Jeep Wrangler JL Which Shocks fox-lsc-hose-fittings_02
Sponsored

WilderJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The Fox 2.0 R/R - LSC shock shown is something we offered before fox had a OEM direct fit shock for the JL and JT. They took a very long time to release shocks for the JL so we made our own. Once their shocks became available, we discontinued the Fox 2.0 R/R shocks we were converting. For some reason, Fox does not offer a 2.0 R/R with LSC for the front. Not an oversight. You can also check Fox's website for all shock options:
https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php?m=truck&make=Jeep&model=Wrangler+JL&year=2019&position=Front

Upgrading a Fox 2.0 to have a LSC adjuster. For most shocks, yes this is an option and pretty straight forward. However, Fox and their JL specific 2.0 R/R shock... this is not currently an option. The JL shocks have a larger hose/fittings than a standard 2.0. The fitting simply is way too large and wont work. I went and snapped some photos to visually explain it a little better:

[images below] Fox 2.0 for the FRONT of a Jeep JL is the larger of the two hoses. The smaller hose is standard size for the 2.0 shocks, which is also used the the LSC shocks.

What would you consider to be the best coils to pair with your tuned Fox 2.0 R/R?

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon

WilderJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I didnā€™t realize you had your own coils. Whatā€™s the spring rate?

Also itā€™s seems most companies have gone to a dual rate coil, what made you guys choose a linear coil?

Thanks
Donā€™t mean to hijack but this was a really good video teraflex made about spring tech.

Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Sorry I didnā€™t realize you had your own coils. Whatā€™s the spring rate?

Also itā€™s seems most companies have gone to a dual rate coil, what made you guys choose a linear coil?

Thanks
Video above helps answer that I believe. Our spring rates are 125lb front 150lb rear.

WilderJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Donā€™t mean to hijack but this was a really good video teraflex made about spring tech.
Video above helps answer that I believe. Our spring rates are 125lb front 150lb rear.
The funny thing about that Teraflex video is they explain why they think linear is best, but ended up making a dual rate coil for the JL

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
I have Rough Country 2.5 Vertex adjustable remote reservoir shocks on my JL and love them! So much better than stock on and off road.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Does anyone know if Fox makes a roost guard for the 2.5 shocks? I know they do for the 2.0, but can't find one for the 2.5, and would like to have them, if possible.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if Fox makes a roost guard for the 2.5 shocks? I know they do for the 2.0, but can't find one for the 2.5, and would like to have them, if possible.
They used to come on the 2.5s in the Mopar lift, donā€™t know if you can buy them separate or not.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I haven't found them. Guess I can email Fox.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Anyone good enough with math, and understand the chart enough to know what length I need my bump stop to be so I don't bottom out new shocks? I did the Fox 2.5 with 0-1.5 lift.
Yeah, that chart can be pretty daunting. Below is the same info, but in a chart format.

I'm not exactly sure if the OEM Rubicon bump stop is in the exact ideal location, but from what I've gathered a good rule of thumb would be that for every 1" more of compressed length (vs. Rubicon), add 1" of bump stop. So a compressed length of 16.5" = 1" of bump stop, 17.5" length = 2" of bump, etc. This is assuming you don't need additional bump stop due to the tire height. Also be aware that the rear is about a 1.2:1 shock length to bump-stop ratio.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which Shocks JL Front Shock Travel (1)

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Do you have any insight on the OEM springs rate? Do all the different part numbers mean different spring rates, or are they just different lengths?

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Do you have any insight on the OEM springs rate? Do all the different part numbers mean different spring rates, or are they just different lengths?
This can get pretty extensive/off topic, but in short Rubicons have 110lb front, and 165lb rear. Not sure what part numbers you are referring to.
Sponsored