Which Shocks

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
From another thread, rancho seems to have nearly the same compressed length for 2” lift and almost a quarter inch longer for the 3.5” lift. None of the shocks on this chart are even close to the 34” extended length of the Bilstein 5100. If the compression works out, I may need to drop my brake lines, wheel speed sensors, parking brake cables, etc in order to accommodate the down travel. I think the rear sway bar may prevent issues with these items though.

B448CB5B-F9E0-4970-8B8D-FF10AF78E51E.png
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
From another thread, rancho seems to have nearly the same compressed length for 2” lift and almost a quarter inch longer for the 3.5” lift. None of the shocks on this chart are even close to the 34” extended length of the Bilstein 5100. If the compression works out, I may need to drop my brake lines, wheel speed sensors, parking brake cables, etc in order to accommodate the down travel. I think the rear sway bar may prevent issues with these items though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which Shocks B448CB5B-F9E0-4970-8B8D-FF10AF78E51E
What springs are you running?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Which Shocks B448CB5B-F9E0-4970-8B8D-FF10AF78E51E
Wow, that’s way better than what I made a while back. nice!

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
do it right the first time and go with filthy Motorsports or accutune and get a set tuned to your interest. I have a set of non adjustable king 2.5s and love them.
Spend $900+ on rear shocks, or run what you already have? Apples and orange crayons those kings have so little to do with my post but thanks.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
What springs are you running?
Factory rubicon springs with a spacer and stock shocks with extensions currently. No complaints about ride or performance even after our 2500 mile road trip to moab and running 7-8 trails while there. My question is more because I have the 5100's in the garage with probably 3,000 miles on them tops from my old Cherokee that I built hoops through the rear floor to run the longest shock I could.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is that coming from accutune? Heres the Jeep we did with them

brett

B18E4046-B2C3-4A49-BA50-19AB38266436.jpeg
Brett,

With this front shock being in the piggyback configuration, it looks like you’ve used one of the 2.0 remote reservoir LSC adjustable shocks that Accutune has listed for use in the rear of a JL. Is that what you did? Did they tune them for the front? Any drawbacks to using a piggyback setup in front vs. the more typical remote (aka not piggyback) setup?

thanks!

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
To those interested, the 5100’s fit with about 4” of uptravel. The ride seems firmer without being rough, so far so good. It was dark by the time I finished up, but I’ll post pictures tomorrow. Parking brake gets tight under droop now, I’ll have to modify that. The shocks will allow 10” of down travel, but I doubt the track bar and sway bar would let it travel that far. Another dumb question for us budget builders, factory rear shocks on the front for more travel?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Your post? I was replying to the OP not you. I never told anyone to get kings but ok.
My bad, the op had posted he ordered the foxes before I asked the shock length question. I thought you were replying to me. Maybe one day I'll spring for kings, but for now the bilsteins I had in the garage seem like a big improvement over stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Anyone good enough with math, and understand the chart enough to know what length I need my bump stop to be so I don't bottom out new shocks? I did the Fox 2.5 with 0-1.5 lift.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The fox 2.5 rears have a shorter compressed length than the stock sport shocks so you won't need to do anything in the rear. The fronts compressed length is only 1/4" longer than stock sport shocks and .1" longer than rubicon shocks. I think factory bump stops will be fine in the front too. I don't think fox would list them for no lift without an asterisk for bump stop lengthening if it were an issue.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone good enough with math, and understand the chart enough to know what length I need my bump stop to be so I don't bottom out new shocks? I did the Fox 2.5 with 0-1.5 lift.
I don’t think you’ll have a problem, but if you’re concerned, just cycle the suspension to see what’s up.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Brett,

With this front shock being in the piggyback configuration, it looks like you’ve used one of the 2.0 remote reservoir LSC adjustable shocks that Accutune has listed for use in the rear of a JL. Is that what you did? Did they tune them for the front? Any drawbacks to using a piggyback setup in front vs. the more typical remote (aka not piggyback) setup?

thanks!
I honestly can’t answer what exactly they were besides there was 2 for the front and two for the rear. They weren't interchangeable at all. Most if not all of the 2.0 Resi shocks we’ve installed we’re piggyback. Get into the 2.5 and they are remote. Space is limited in there and the 2.0 just fits.

brett

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
The fox 2.5 rears have a shorter compressed length than the stock sport shocks so you won't need to do anything in the rear. The fronts compressed length is only 1/4" longer than stock sport shocks and .1" longer than rubicon shocks. I think factory bump stops will be fine in the front too. I don't think fox would list them for no lift without an asterisk for bump stop lengthening if it were an issue.

I agree with that. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored