David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Tazer JL Lite and am on the latest firmware as of 5/16/2019. I can't get autopark to turn off. It says OFF, but when you open the door in gear, the jeep auto parks. Any others have this issue?
Not a problem here but I do have the mini.
Sponsored

PremixIsLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubi 2dr
Questions:
Is there any drawback to the Mini?

Any better discounts than jeepinformant 5%? Id like to buy direct. Non military.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Questions:
Is there any drawback to the Mini?

Any better discounts than jeepinformant 5%? Id like to buy direct. Non military.
Not that I know of. Seems to work just like my Tazer JL did.

I think that is it for discounts.

Maybe someone knows a better place.

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
So what exactly does the region change do on the drls? I have a sport with manual lights and I switched to the mopar led lights and have the halos wired to the drls and switchbacks in those. I was hoping there’s a way to make the drls come on any time the engine is running without switching them on manually every time during the day.

Sponsored

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
I have a Tazer JL Lite and am on the latest firmware as of 5/16/2019. I can't get autopark to turn off. I can't toggle it from off to on. It says OFF, but when you open the door in gear, the jeep auto parks. Any others have this issue?
Figured it out. Must have seat belt buckled …..

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
I just started reading this thread as I am Getting a Tazer for my Gladiator. There was lots of talk in the first few pages of removing the Tazer before taking it in for work due to the warranty. It is my understanding that as long as the Tazer did not cause a problem it should not in any way void a warranty.

This is covered in what is commonly called the Federal Lemon Law. 15 USC Ch. 50: CONSUMER PRODUCT WARRANTIES also referred to as Federal Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title15-chapter50&edition=prelim

If this has been discussed here already please forgive me.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I just started reading this thread as I am Getting a Tazer for my Gladiator. There was lots of talk in the first few pages of removing the Tazer before taking it in for work due to the warranty. It is my understanding that as long as the Tazer did not cause a problem it should not in any way void a warranty.

This is covered in what is commonly called the Federal Lemon Law. 15 USC Ch. 50: CONSUMER PRODUCT WARRANTIES also referred to as Federal Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title15-chapter50&edition=prelim

I would take it out before going to the dealership to avoid any unwarranted finger pointing from the service department.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I have a Tazer JL Lite and am on the latest firmware as of 5/16/2019. I can't get autopark to turn off. I can't toggle it from off to on. It says OFF, but when you open the door in gear, the jeep auto parks. Any others have this issue?
My understanding is that FCA changed the code in our jeeps and the Tazer is no longer able to disable it. Having the seatbelt plugged in is the way it works from the factory. I've already had a few times in the first 1K miles where I jumped in just to move my jeep a few feet, only to have A/P say nope - it's very annoying :headbang:

You're theoretically correct, however a dealer can tell you whatever they want at anytime, and its YOUR responsibility to hire a lawyer and go after them. Remember, Magnusson Moss doesn't help you until you're in court. Now, it helps slightly in the sense that if a dealer tries to deny you something absurd, like not replacing a faulty stereo because you did your own oil change, they may end up paying a lot more in punitive damages, and this threat might make them a little more willing to deal with you.

However, there is a big gray area in what affects what in vehicles these days - put on a different size tire and they could say your whole drivetrain is void. Change out your speakers and the stereo head unit could be out as well! And as for any type of aftermarket tuner, with how computer controlled everything is on these cars, plus precedents already set (look at EPA vs Harley a few years back), I'd say any type of tuner or module that affects the PCM/ECU/etc could be grounds for complete void of warranty if a dealer sees it and wants to be a jerk. Best to remove, unmarry, set back to stock when going to the dealer for any work because you just never know.

Another thing about the MM warranty act that many forget is that its main purpose was to facilitate spare part manufacturers and protect consumers from being denied warranty work because they didn't use an OEM part. If it wasn't for MM, we might have to visit the dealer for ALL service, plus pay for OEM parts and fluids as well, just to keep our warranty intact. However, keep in mind, if you use a part that isn't in spec, such as the incorrect weight of oil, then you're not protected in the case of engine failure.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
The safest thing to do if your running a programmer is to remove it and any parts of it before going to get it serviced and if asked about any programmer just plead the 5th

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
My understanding is that FCA changed the code in our jeeps and the Tazer is no longer able to disable it. Having the seatbelt plugged in is the way it works from the factory. I've already had a few times in the first 1K miles where I jumped in just to move my jeep a few feet, only to have A/P say nope - it's very annoying :headbang:

You're theoretically correct, however a dealer can tell you whatever they want at anytime, and its YOUR responsibility to hire a lawyer and go after them. Remember, Magnusson Moss doesn't help you until you're in court. Now, it helps slightly in the sense that if a dealer tries to deny you something absurd, like not replacing a faulty stereo because you did your own oil change, they may end up paying a lot more in punitive damages, and this threat might make them a little more willing to deal with you.

However, there is a big gray area in what affects what in vehicles these days - put on a different size tire and they could say your whole drivetrain is void. Change out your speakers and the stereo head unit could be out as well! And as for any type of aftermarket tuner, with how computer controlled everything is on these cars, plus precedents already set (look at EPA vs Harley a few years back), I'd say any type of tuner or module that affects the PCM/ECU/etc could be grounds for complete void of warranty if a dealer sees it and wants to be a jerk. Best to remove, unmarry, set back to stock when going to the dealer for any work because you just never know.

Another thing about the MM warranty act that many forget is that its main purpose was to facilitate spare part manufacturers and protect consumers from being denied warranty work because they didn't use an OEM part. If it wasn't for MM, we might have to visit the dealer for ALL service, plus pay for OEM parts and fluids as well, just to keep our warranty intact. However, keep in mind, if you use a part that isn't in spec, such as the incorrect weight of oil, then you're not protected in the case of engine failure.
I hear what you are saying and can agree with most of it. It seams fairly easy to disconnect and unmarry so I may chose to do this or I may not. I'm a fairly stubborn man:)

If Jeep tries to disregard a warranty over someone putting 35's on it they will have a tuff time in court. There is 800 audio/video interviews of big wigs bragging about fitting 35's on stock Rubicons:CWL:

I do not see how EPA VS Harley set president on tuners voiding factory warranties. EPA VS Harley was about violation of the Clean Air Act. I think it is reaching for straws.

Abolish the EPA:punch:

JEEPJLU18

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Sport-S 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I see there is a new update available 11.1.2, I have my mini plugged in my jlus and also keep a USB cable plugged into it as well. My questions are do I need to to remove / unplug it from the jlus before I do the update? Do I need to unmarry it? And can I go from 11.1.0 right to 11.1.2? I have the updater program on my laptop.

Thanks

Last edited:

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I was in a parade yesterday and the light show option worked flawlessly. Thanks for the help Joe

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I hear what you are saying and can agree with most of it. It seams fairly easy to disconnect and unmarry so I may chose to do this or I may not. I'm a fairly stubborn man:)

If Jeep tries to disregard a warranty over someone putting 35's on it they will have a tuff time in court. There is 800 audio/video interviews of big wigs bragging about fitting 35's on stock Rubicons:CWL:

I do not see how EPA VS Harley set president on tuners voiding factory warranties. EPA VS Harley was about violation of the Clean Air Act. I think it is reaching for straws.

Abolish the EPA:punch:
The threat about warranty was with respect to mileage not being correct larger tires, if you don’t set the tire size. I have true 37’s. They just asked if I programmed the right size in as they had no service record of it, I said yes I did, and they didn’t use the issue.

WLFMOON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JK Rubicon
I love the tazer mini I have....works great! I on occasion do get a check engine light.....not really sure why. Sometimes it doesn't remember to keep the ASS off as well, but it is as easy as just pushing the button again.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.