JEEPJLU18

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Sport-S 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
So it's just a day or two shy of a week since I got my Tazer mini and still loving it. With that said I have noticed a few things, first it happened twice that my ESS didn't remember the last state so I just turned it off again. Second which I think I read some where in this thread, while I was on the phone thru Uconnect and turncam is used the phone volume drops to 7 when the turncam shuts off.

Just wondering if a fix is out there I may have missed
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So it's just a day or two shy of a week since I got my Tazer mini and still loving it. With that said I have noticed a few things, first it happened twice that my ESS didn't remember the last state so I just turned it off again. Second which I think I read some where in this thread, while I was on the phone thru Uconnect and turncam is used the phone volume drops to 7 when the turncam shuts off.

Just wondering if a fix is out there I may have missed
@JEEPJLU18

Suggest anyone that is having issues with firmware 11.0.8, 11.0.9,11.1.0 contact Joe, asap, and tell him.

Joe emailed me last yesterday and said.... "What’s the issue with 11.0.8? I have shipped many, and haven’t been having any issues."

Many here have reported issues with the ESS and Turncam feature

Seems Joe, is unaware of the issues that forum member's are reporting here.
--------------------------------------

Here is my email reply from Joe, that I received yesterday 4/30/19:

"I did change 11.0.8 to 11.0.9 (not released) but we ship 11.0.9 – only difference is a hook for customer support.

Then 11.1.0 was released a week or two ago, minor change – added support for aftermarket front fender LED lights on LED equipped Jeeps.

What’s the issue with 11.0.8? I have shipped many, and haven’t been having any issues."

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01 which seems to be the most stable version right now? I'm getting ready to update and remarry mine soon. (I had to unmarry to get the steering wobble addressed by the dealer.)

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
@Rhinebeck01 which seems to be the most stable version right now? I'm getting ready to update and remarry mine soon. (I had to unmarry to get the steering wobble addressed by the dealer.)
Dan I know you directed this at Rhinebeck01 but I am running 11.0.8, it’s way better 11.0.3,I skipped 6 and 7. The ess remembers last setting rather than using tazer to turn it off, you can turn rear lockers on in 2wd, hood alarm works, turn cam works most of the time, but stops sometimes,

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW

Anymore, I hate to spew what version to use.... :facepalm:

I would say 11.0.8 or 11.0.9 [ Joe, says no issues with either version, but ESS will hiccup on occasion and Turncam will hiccup also. ]

IF you use 11.0.6, I would marry, do your settings and then remove programmer hardware.

I use 11.0.8 , with programmer hardware removed. I use a SmartStopStart for ESS disable.

Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

Anymore, I hate to spew what version to use.... :facepalm:

I would say 11.0.8 or 11.0.9 [ Joe, says no issues with either version, but ESS will hiccup on occasion and Turncam will hiccup also. ]

IF you use 11.0.6, I would marry, do your settings and then remove programmer hardware.

I use 11.0.8 , with programmer hardware removed. I use a SmartStopStart for ESS disable.

What dis/advantage is there to removing after making the settings and do you replace the wires backing the SGW at that time as well?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dan I know you directed this at Rhinebeck01 but I am running 11.0.8, it’s way better 11.0.3,I skipped 6 and 7. The ess remembers last setting rather than using tazer to turn it off, you can turn rear lockers on in 2wd, hood alarm works, turn cam works most of the time, but stops sometimes,
@Martindfletcher

I concur. Just with 11.0.8 or 11.0.9 you will see ESS hiccuping occasionally and if you use Turncam, radio volume dips when camera is on.

Other then the two issues mentioned 11.0.8 and 11.0.9 are aok. (11.0.8 and 11.09 are the same but 11.0.9 has a Customer hook added.)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@Martindfletcher

I concur. Just with 11.0.8 or 11.0.9 you will see ESS hiccuping occasionally and if you use Turncam, radio volume dips when camera is on.

Other then the two issues mentioned 11.0.8 and 11.0.9 are aok. (11.0.8 and 11.09 are the same but 11.0.9 has a Customer hook added.)

Thanks guys! The ESS hiccup doesn't bug me so I'll probably go with 11.09. What's the customer hook?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What dis/advantage is there to removing after making the settings and do you replace the wires backing the SGW at that time as well?
@kobejo34

Well, there really is no advantage to removing the Tazer JL hardware after you marry and do your settings.

Some guys do remove the hardware though, as then there is no parasitic 12v draw by the Tazer JL.

IF you are running firmware 11.0.8, 11.0.9 you really need not worry about 12v parasitic draw by the Tazer JL. There is draw but so minimal that it is a non-issue.

With that said, with firmware 11.0.8 and 11.0.9, the ESS feature will hiccup on occasion (not that often) so, I do not use that feature. Instead, I have SmartStopStart unit that I use for ESS. It never hiccups.

---For me to use the SSS, I cannot have the Tazer JL concurrently installed with the SSS. With older Tazer JL firmware, I could actually chain the SSS with the Tazer JL but not with the current Tazer JL firmware version.

IF you leave the Tazer JL married, but the hardware not attached to the JL, you cannot benefit/use Tazer JL live features.. i.e. ESS, Traction, Hood Alarm, etc.

IF, you want to marry, set features.....make sure all is working well .... and then remove all Tazer JL hardware and YES, do reconnect the 2 cables at the gateway.

In closing.... IF the Tazer JL ESS feature, was working without hiccups, I would be running 11.0.8 and I would leave the programmer hardware installed. Only reason I'm not doing that now is because I'm also using a SmartStopStart unit.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys! The ESS hiccup doesn't bug me so I'll probably go with 11.09. What's the customer hook?
@DanW

I just heard about the "customer hook" thing. I am not sure ....

You would do aok running 11.0.8 (it is 11.0.9) without the "customer hook".

I know I will stick with 11.0.8 until I know what the hook thing is, and that it has not introduced any bugs into the firmware.

As for the ESS hiccup .... happens occasionally but not a deal breaker..

Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well now that you mention this my battery did die today and my check engine light is on (hoping it goes out after I drive it). I'll update to 11.0.8 and or simply remove it as I only adjust the tire size and set TPMS lower.

**** Tighten the gas cap and third restart today the check engine light went out. So far I just took the Tazer out, drove 20 miles, and tighten the gas cap.

Now that I know I don't need it all the time I'll let it ride like this until I take it to dealer for whatever

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZAutomotive has updated their firmware page at their website. Would behoove all to take a moment and read there so you have an idea what is going on firmware wise: I have a better clue now... 8-)
https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

Hibypass

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Help guys. I had my head up my @$$ and didn’t unmarry my tazer first. What do I do now?

Hibypass

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Joe got back to me quick via text. Guess I didn’t screw up badly like I thought. He set me straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.