tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine done, and was able to do it without taking the bumper off. I have a Savvy high tuck exhaust so I think that helped with more access than factory exhaust. Driver side light needed some solid slaps and it fully went in!!! I ran the wire up on the frame and through the opening in the tail light area. Had plenty of wiring length for both driver and passenger side.

7358DE7E-A616-4982-988F-8663265B5F8A.jpeg

71210FDE-C7D6-4315-B3C2-F36D51B07FA3.jpeg

Sponsored

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Add me to the list of members who cracked the left light while trying to force it into the steel bumper's opening. My right one fit fine.
I reached out to @ORACLElights about buying a replacement.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Why not give it a go first and see if you have problems? If so, it seems like it is not much effort to put all back to stock and then find someone to do it for you. This is the first I am hearing of anyone having fitament problems.
Itā€™s not whether I can do it or not. Itā€™s about whether I want to spend time doing it.
On Oracle stuff, donā€™t be surprised on a QC issue. I noticed last night that one of my Oracle sidetrack lights is separating from its 3M tapeā€”not tape to vehicle, the tape to their product, all the way down the top strip. Going to have to fix that. They should reimburse me $10 for having to fix something of theirs that Iā€™ve only had for two months.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Why not give it a go first and see if you have problems? If so, it seems like it is not much effort to put all back to stock and then find someone to do it for you. This is the first I am hearing of anyone having fitament problems.
The driver side on mine was exactly the same way luckily I got to go in without cracking the lens

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wired mine up today. Success in about 3 hours. Didn't even bother with the tiny screws or tapping into the taillights.

Took the bumper off, brought it inside and took my time soldering everything together. Wired them to my Six Shooter switches.

meBluRL4oM0u5bTsSe4lNKkw=w2644-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

Harness
u_KAhehTrZtHHi_peXk_58jA=w1488-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

Success.
Gn0vJuKQ23Q1B69h9t-UCIxw=w2644-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

Sponsored

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Add another one to the 'got the damn bright back up lights installed' list.
Getting it done around the trailer hitch, exhaust and backup sensors, while leaving the bumper mounted was a small pain but doable. All those years of custom car stereo work finally pays off.
I'd suggest getting some better crimp taps before starting, the ones that come with the kit are pretty much garbage.
Drivers side light is a tighter fit than the passenger but it went in.

Pirate63

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL80
Add me to the list also. Installed without removing the bumper, wired to both tail lights and they fit well. Had no issues with short wires or cracked lens. Installed LED turn signal and DRL bulbs also. Now just waiting on my backordered Oracle Oculus 9 headlights.

JL4Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Oscar Mike - Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the list also. Installed without removing the bumper, wired to both tail lights and they fit well. Had no issues with short wires or cracked lens. Installed LED turn signal and DRL bulbs also. Now just waiting on my backordered Oracle Oculus 9 headlights.

JL4Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Oscar Mike - Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Had my local Audio Outfitter install mine today...well worth the $80 and they said it was easy with no fit issues. I had it wired to my Aux 2 switch - donā€™t need that brightness for normal night use, I can activate as needed.

6249ED31-3190-4A2F-947B-A9BC91541A60.jpeg

15DDFE05-0427-45D7-9B20-F88DB1CA44C5.jpeg

38103463-1403-4957-9AD3-4EE3EF091F6D.jpeg

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Help please! I have the steel bumper. Iā€™ve read about really tight fits, especially on the driver side and I read about breaking the lights forcing them too much. I started with the driver side and Iā€™m having trouble getting it to fit. Iā€™m afraid with any more force, Iā€™ll start breaking casings or something. Questions: Do I align the best I can and give a hard firm press? Will it snap into place all at once, or will it work its way seated more and more with each press? Any tips or tricks for getting this thing to fit with the steel bumper without breaking it?

BTW - I got the OEM red reflectors off with steel bumper and OEM tow package in 5 minutes without pulling the bumper. Read on a related thread to get a 1/4ā€œ socket with two extenders (about 9-10 inches total). It worked great. I used a light shining from underneath and could visibly see the screw on both sides which made it easy to align. Twisted off by hand using only the extensions - didnā€™t even need the socket wrench. It helps to have a pole magnet to easily get the screw if it falls into the bumper. No need to waste time pulling the bumper!

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Help please! I have the steel bumper. Iā€™ve read about really tight fits, especially on the driver side and I read about breaking the lights forcing them too much. I started with the driver side and Iā€™m having trouble getting it to fit. Iā€™m afraid with any more force, Iā€™ll start breaking casings or something. Questions: Do I align the best I can and give a hard firm press? Will it snap into place all at once, or will it work its way seated more and more with each press? Any tips or tricks for getting this thing to fit with the steel bumper without breaking it?

BTW - I got the OEM red reflectors off with steel bumper and OEM tow package in 5 minutes without pulling the bumper. Read on a related thread to get a 1/4ā€œ socket with two extenders (about 9-10 inches total). It worked great. I used a light shining from underneath and could visibly see the screw on both sides which made it easy to align. Twisted off by hand using only the extensions - didnā€™t even need the socket wrench. It helps to have a pole magnet to easily get the screw if it falls into the bumper. No need to waste time pulling the bumper!
What worked for me on the tighter side was to hit it with my palm down onto all at once with force, it popped right in. I tried a board and mallet and that cause the crack not my hand. I put the tab side in first which will leave it angled up a bit. However I had my bumper off so not sure if you will have the same force with the bumper on. I hit more the edge with my hand vs on the lens. Hope it works. They need to address this issue, something not right on the drivers side.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
What worked for me on the tighter side was to hit it with my palm down onto all at once with force, it popped right in. I tried a board and mallet and that cause the crack not my hand. I put the tab side in first which will leave it angled up a bit. However I had my bumper off so not sure if you will have the same force with the bumper on. I hit more the edge with my hand vs on the lens. Hope it works. They need to address this issue, something not right on the drivers side.
I smeared silicon lubricant on the edge of the light and contact area of the bumper and hit it with my palm. It snapped into place without damage.

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

I think I put the wide side of the light in first, then smacked the shorter side with my hand to seat it. I might have that backwards but the light has one tab that sticks out the side and must be slotted in first.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I recently installed the Oracle LED's on my Recon with steel bumper.

I have a video up on my YouTube channel showing how I did my install. There was no way the light was going to fit on the drivers side without some kind of modification. I hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
Sponsored