Sponsored

Permanently disable engine auto start stop (ESS) at stoplights?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
These days, if I want to go fast, I fly my plane... It's also a lot less tiring to make a 1000 mile flight in one day than a 1000 mile drive.
The plane is a 2-door .
Texas has a thousand miles to cover .
Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
The plane is a 2-door .
Texas has a thousand miles to cover .
Actually, a lot of single engine aircraft only have a single door, unless you count the baggage compartment hatch as a "door".

And if you have a canopy that slides back and everyone gets in from it, does that count as a door? I guess you *could* count it as a sliding door since it does have a lock on it, although no hinges... :)

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Actually, a lot of single engine aircraft only have a single door, unless you count the baggage compartment hatch as a "door".

And if you have a canopy that slides back and everyone gets in from it, does that count as a door? I guess you *could* count it as a sliding door since it does have a lock on it, although no hinges... :)
The best landing would be on an aircraft carrier at night ; every other landing would be good , but second best .

Goobermaniac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 trailblazer and ready for a JL
Dynatrack just posted a video on how to disable the auto start/stop. They remove one of the hood contacts.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Dynatrack just posted a video on how to disable the auto start/stop. They remove one of the hood contacts.
@Goobermaniac

This is old old news that forum members here knew months ago. Dynatrack probably learned the info reading at this forum...

By the way, it disables ESS but you get error notices popping up on the dash display.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
ESS isn't operational with a manual unless (1) the engine is fully warmed up, (2) the transmission is in neutral and the clutch is released, (3) the transfer case is not in 4L, (4) the AC is not on max.

ESS isn't a big deal, and the critics are picking seeds out of cowpies.
It's annoying if you dont want the thing. I personally dont mind it all that much except for the fact my 5 day old JL is telling me to bring it in to get fixed. ugh.

IMO the button should be used to turn it ON, not off. Thinking you would see the reversal in the seed picking.

My biggest complaint is because of ESS we now have a separate battery in a hard to reach spot, and SOME are saying you cant jump start the vehicle because of it. If true WTF?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I personally dont mind it all that much except for the fact my 5 day old JL is telling me to bring it in to get fixed. ugh.
IMO the button should be used to turn it ON, not off. Thinking you would see the reversal in the seed picking.
My biggest complaint is because of ESS we now have a separate battery in a hard to reach spot, and SOME are saying you cant jump start the vehicle because of it. If true WTF?
Good points . ESS was invented by morons .

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
"We come into this world bald, drooling, and incontinent... And we leave the same way..."
Almost true. When was the last time you saw a new born? Something must be in the water? Last two I saw had full head of hair when they were born! lol!

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I could almost live with ess if it did not turn back on when I shift into park... why for the love of god.
If you use less brake it won't shut off. I was annoyed til I read it here - you can completely control ESS with brake pressure.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
If you use less brake it won't shut off. I was annoyed til I read it here - you can completely control ESS with brake pressure.
Which won't shut off ? The engine or the start-stop ?
Sponsored