Performance upgrades for 2.0t??

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
nothing that substantial considering the way the pistons are skirted and the cylinders are sleeved.
Nothing substantial? The euro tuner guys are pushing 395hp and 443lb/ft from the same engine with just a tune. 130hp and 148lb/ft isn't substantial? 50% more horsepower and torque is pretty damn substantial. If only someone would figure out how to let us tune this jeep. New ecu, patch cable, whatever to be pushing 5.7L hemi numbers without the hassle of a hemi swap would be well worth a few thousand dollars.

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Nothing substantial? The euro tuner guys are pushing 395hp and 443lb/ft from the same engine with just a tune. 130hp and 148lb/ft isn't substantial? 50% more horsepower and torque is pretty damn substantial. If only someone would figure out how to let us tune this jeep. New ecu, patch cable, whatever to be pushing 5.7L hemi numbers without the hassle of a hemi swap would be well worth a few thousand dollars.
LMAO

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Which part do you find amusing? Show me one factory turbo vehicle ever made that can't gain at least 100hp from an aftermarket tune? This engine is used in the alfa romeo stelvio. There are documented, dyno proven cases of the gains I described with an aftermarket tune. The only laughable part is that so many people are so forced induction ignorant that they don't believe that the manufacturer leaves a lot on the table with the factory tune.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Not so sure about that. The current PCM is very highly protected, like all current FCA PCMs. Tough to tune since they can’t be cracked. Intakes and exhaust are relatively easy, but give little in return other than more sound.

Tuners said that about the latest ZR1 Corvette, but its been hacked via HP Tuners.......but it's going to cost you for the tune and credits.

Give it time, someone will get it done

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OceanBlueRubicon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 3.6 V6
On another thread on this forum, someone mentioned that the Alfa 2.0 has a closed deck block while the Chrysler Hurricane 2.0 has a semi-closed block. That means the Alfa 2.0 could safely handle much more hp and torque. I used to have a Mitsubishi Evo X. The Evo IX had the 4663 closed deck block while the Evo X had the 411B semi-closed deck block. The Evo IX is much better under more boost. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-0l-turbo-non-bsg-engine.33049/

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
On another thread on this forum, someone mentioned that the Alfa 2.0 has a closed deck block while the Chrysler Hurricane 2.0 has a semi-closed block. That means the Alfa 2.0 could safely handle much more hp and torque. I used to have a Mitsubishi Evo X. The Evo IX had the 4663 closed deck block while the Evo X had the 411B semi-closed deck block. The Evo IX is much better under more boost. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-0l-turbo-non-bsg-engine.33049/
The poster claims they are different and the Jeep engine is built in America, then multiple posters point out that our window stickers say the jeep 2.0 is built in Italy. If they are built in the same factory, I'm willing to bet they are the same. If a portion of his information is verifiably false, I tend to doubt the rest of it.

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
The poster claims they are different and the Jeep engine is built in America, then multiple posters point out that our window stickers say the jeep 2.0 is built in Italy. If they are built in the same factory, I'm willing to bet they are the same. If a portion of his information is verifiably false, I tend to doubt the rest of it.
Even the Giulia forum seems to be confused on this topic, with the consensus being open deck: https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/is-there-a-code-name-for-the-2-0t.33666/

Whether it's open or closed deck, I think you are right about the motors being the same. It's logical for an engine called the "Global Medium Engine" to be the same globally.

DesertFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep KL
The Jeep 2.0 GME is not the same as the Alfa 2.0 GME. A simple look under the hood shows that the Jeep is DOHC while the Alfa is SOHC. This means that the heads are different, the cam drive is different, the VVT is different, etc. etc.

The block differences are explained here: https://www.allpar.com/mopar/fours/hurricane.html.

Other info about the two GME engines is here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCA_Global_Medium_Engine

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...rbo-engine-built-trenton-michigan/1018617001/

I imagine there are even more differences. How someone could call them “the same” engine is mind boggling.
Sponsored