DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
ok, so I just ordered front and rear diff skids. Thanks they look very beef compared to other versions.
They are. I was at Turkey Bay ORV area at Land Between the Lakes, Kentucky, today and we did some very tough trails. I got into some pretty deep ruts today and got on the front diff slider twice. One of the two times I was pretty much riding on it. It shrugged it off with no issues. Solid.

My brother has the front glide plate on his Gladiator and he got on his even harder than I got on mine. (I've got 35's and he's on 33's) It also shrugged it off.

It is kind of funny. I've never hit a differential pumpkin on anything until AFTER I decided to get that slider. Good timing, I guess. Lol!
Sponsored

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
I have the Rancho plate on the front diff and the Metal Cloak on the rear. There was a noticeable amount of drag increase once I added the Metal Cloak skid. I'm not sure the rear is needed, but the front drain plug is a real issue. Unfortunately, I busted the U-bolt that holds the Rancho skid in place, and Rancho doesn't offer the part as a replacement. They told me to get it at the hardware store lol.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Has anyone used the differential as a jacking point after installing their diff skid plates?
I am still waiting for the skids that I purchased to arrive.

I had not imagined that there would be any reason not to use the rear skid as a jack point, while I expect I will avoid using the front simply because of the offset from center location.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used the differential as a jacking point after installing their diff skid plates?
I have the MC diff covers and skids, and about a week ago I used the cover as a jacking point up front. I needed some clearance to the steering box bolts to install a track bar brace. Prior to, I've never used the pumpkin as a jacking point.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI for those considering Next Venture diff skids...They are having a 20% off Black Friday sale today only. I paid normal price for my Next Venture RDS and still think I got good value for my money!
So, have you had a chance to drag those over some rocks yet? Curious if heavy impact will shear the diff cover bolts, or other issues. I purchased both front & rear sets but haven’t installed them yet. They definitely seem strong enough but are huge, like overkill huge.

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Yep, every time I do a tire rotation. I'm running a Rancho in the front and Metalcloak in the back. Both support the weight of the jeep without any issue.

Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
So, has anyone used the Next Venture differential skids? If so, what's the feedback? Are they worth the additional cost?

Reactions: LCW

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
So, has anyone used the Next Venture differential skids? If so, what's the feedback? Are they worth the additional cost?

This is one of those you get what you pay for...Yes, they are worth every penny! I can only speak for the rear diff skid as I have no experience with their front.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I have their rear diff skid on my stock height JLR 2.0 with eTorque. There is a slight incompatibility with the 48V battery skid that I'm sure most others will likely never encounter. It requires some slight clearance at the front of the skid.

Other than that, I haven't had a chance to really test it, but I'm sure it will hold up better than everything else on the Jeep. It's pretty heavy, but doesn't look like a diaper as much as some of the other options.

Frank-n-Kathy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pleasureway, JLUR Rubicon
Has anyone tried the DV8 front/rear differential skids on a JLUR?
Sponsored