First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Around the outside of the rubicon hood decal is a color. That color usually indicates the engine. Red is v6 bronze 392 light blue 4xe etc. I’ve seen those colors on other markings on the Jeep too that are not rubicon. That’s how I’ve been able to tell so far at least. I’m sure there are cases that are one offs but seems to be consistent
Interesting - I never noticed (although it's super subtle). I'll have to look for it.
Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Around the outside of the rubicon hood decal is a color. That color usually indicates the engine. Red is v6 bronze 392 light blue 4xe etc. I’ve seen those colors on other markings on the Jeep too that are not rubicon. That’s how I’ve been able to tell so far at least. I’m sure there are cases that are one offs but seems to be consistent
I have a 2.0T and the Rubicon outline is red.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I think it's a weird flex in a vehicle like the Wrangler for the 2.0 or 3.6, but I get it for the diesel, 4xe, and especially the 392.

I got the 2.0 because it was cheaper than the V6, similar power but different feel... and turbos are easily boosted to higher HP. I know the inherent problems of a direct injection, turbo 4, but I've had one before and if it gives me problems, the resale value is good enough that I won't have to sweat it... But I don't care who else knows what engine I have.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
fake badging… the non car people will not even notice and the car people will notice it and know is fake. IMO fake badging is lame.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Rubicon outlines are RED for my old 2.0 JLR and for my 3.6 JLR. Same exact decals for both engines.
I was responding to the statement that only the 3.6L had a red outline. The Diesel, 2.0T and 3.6L Rubicons all have red outline lettering on the hood.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it still fake badging if your relocate the engine cover badge?

Jeep Wrangler JL Engine badging? Thoughts? 2021-Jeep-Wrangler-4xe-43
I think a valid argument could be made that your Jeep will no longer be "stock," so there's that.🤪

OP
OP
DVLDOG-USMC

DVLDOG-USMC

First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green JLU & 2014 Dodge Challenger
fake badging… the non car people will not even notice and the car people will notice it and know is fake. IMO fake badging is lame.
I was being sarcastic fyi!

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Is it still fake badging if your relocate the engine cover badge?

Jeep Wrangler JL Engine badging? Thoughts? 2021-Jeep-Wrangler-4xe-43
AT least the 2.0 still has a engine cover. 3.6 owners won't have to worry about that. As a cost cutting measure no more engine covers for the 3.6 as of late 2021. :LOL:

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Some of these responses are really hilarious. I've never really cared if any vehicle I've owned did or didnt tell the world what engine is under the hood.

I am more impressed with real performance and great sounding engine and our Jeeps just don't have it. Aside from a 392. That's a death trap in the wrong hands by the way. Should probably put a skull and crossbones badge on it.

Anyway, my 3.6 V6 gets outrun by almost everything out there including some minivans. So, my feelings are not hurt if your 2.0 liter I4 Jeep can blow by me. I wouldn't notice. I'm very used to it and knew what it is incapable of getting into this Jeep. I don't do engine badge checks on vehicles. I would rather open hoods and see the actual engine.
Sponsored