Sponsored

2022 JLU - Please share your thoughts on the engine and configuration.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I am sure that this question has been asked like gadzillion billion times - but I was going through the new 2022 JLU configuration - there are like 4 DIFFERENT TYPE of Engine now. Frankly I love my 2.0 Turbo engine on my two doors, and I have negative experience with Pentastar 3.6.

Are there any advantage to get a diesel engine? Which engine should I choose? I am super gah gah on my 2 dr Rubicon, but I was hoping to get JLU next year - people said that if it is going to me sorta family car and people say Sahara is meant to be driven in the city but I still love Rubicon.

And what happened to the Alpine Sound System??? It is no longer an option nor it is mentioned in the 2022 order. That is like the MOST important add-ons for me. Also do you think that Jeep will bring back Yellow or Nacho or the older Red (Flame Red?) cause I am not so crazy about the Firecracker - its a bit too vermillionish red for me.

Thank you!
Sponsored

High-Strung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
I believe the Alpine Sound System is included along with the 8.4" screen as a standard on Rubicons and Saharas if I'm not mistaken. I ordered the JLUR with the EcoDiesel for the driving experience. I've always wanted a diesel in a Wrangler. I even had thoughts of slapping a 4BT in my old TJ before I sold it. My commute to work is so short (less than 2.5 miles round trip) that I won't notice MPG.

Tlebkcalb

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JLU DIESEL
I gave up, after owning a 2019 Sport S as car on my FL home 3.6 (living in NY) and moving down and driving it as my daily, went thru terrible steering box issue. Long story, sold it, lost $ with 4K miles and moved forward, now, fast forward got a Willys 3.0 Diesel (had a few Cayennes Diesel and other suv) I love it as a daily and main car. I loved my JL, everything but the steering box. Thought about ordering one like some of my friends but once I had all I wanted it was a 70K daily / toy - most of it, not necessary, but only because they existed. Happy I sucked up and got a less equipped one for 48K.

Tlebkcalb

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JLU DIESEL
Don’t like the 5 inch - but not a deal breaker - wouldn’t deal with a 4 cyl or other things, the sarge green and diesel were a must. Check your priorities. I’m sure you can upgrade the stereo for a lot less… get the 7’’ and you will be set with speakers and a sub
Sponsored