Emergency, resolved

OP
OP

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
You might want to delete this one. They're gonna be on you like flies on well....you know
Oh, is drinking and off-roading a jeep culture no-no? That’s ok, I don’t have much free time these days. A 6pack between 450lbs of dads isn’t doing anybody harm. Just made me worry a little less, which I suppose in the end did do us harm lol.

Doors off, EV mode, beer in hand, with my best man, best time I had in years.
Sponsored

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Oh, is drinking and off-roading a jeep culture no-no? That’s ok, I don’t have much free time these days. A 6pack between 450lbs of dads isn’t doing anybody harm.
Nothing at all - the problem is that you'll have a bunch of nannies come out of the woodwork and start preaching to you.

It usually the same Karens on any messageboard. Typical triggers are:

* Seatbelts
* Drinking
* Firearms
* Anything with kids or dogs in a picture

OP
OP

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Nothing at all - the problem is that you'll have a bunch of nannies come out of the woodwork and start preaching to you.

* Seatbelts
* Drinking
* Firearms
I thought jeep people were laid back!
well I am planning another one with my kids lol

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Oh, is drinking and off-roading a jeep culture no-no? That’s ok, I don’t have much free time these days. A 6pack between 450lbs of dads isn’t doing anybody harm.
You've got to have some balls to get drunk and go rock crawling in a new Jeep. I'd venture to say the majority of forum members got their start with a beer in the cup holder running around trails and hunting camps in their first truck, I certainly did.

It's become the thing to bitch at the SxS crowd about "Slow down you drunk pesky kids!"

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
I thought jeep people were laid back!
well I am planning another one with my kids lol
Well if you're hammered and the kids are driving, make sure their pistols are securely strapped to their unused seatbelts and post pictures ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
You've got to have some balls to get drunk and go rock crawling in a new Jeep. I'd venture to say the majority of forum members got their start with a beer in the cup holder running around trails and hunting camps in their first truck, I certainly did.
the fun I had outweighs the minor damage by a landslide. And it really wasn’t until the last 5 minutes there was any issues. I got a little too confident.

It was like every single obstacle was effortless for it, until it wasn’t

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon

* Seatbelts
* Drinking
* Firearms
And also god forbid you want to move your speed limiter from 100mph to 120mph

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
yup, made me happy when i installed my rubi axles into my sport. i love the ability to lock the rear in 2h if needed. best route is a sport and aftermarket axles of adding the rubicon axle. less problems in the long run. Plus the LSD was really good that came with my jeep
You can use lockers in 4hi in a stock Rubicon.......in saying that, yes, running to a proper switch is better for sure.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Well if you're hammered and the kids are driving, make sure their pistols are securely strapped to their unused seatbelts and post pictures ;)
where's the dog? :) BTW, do people really complain about dogs and kids in pictures?

Sponsored

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Time for a Winch and Tazer so you can use the lockers in 2wd/4Hi as well! And the Winch to get you out of a sticky situation! I would also consider a good 30' pull strap as well!

OP
OP

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Sure about that? They don't have an Offroad + button?
Press that button, press and and hold traction control until it fully shuts off and then you can turn on rear lockers only.
that button is missing on the 4xe rubicon for some unknown reason

no locker activation in anything except 4lo