First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
PS... it isn't perfect but it will get you close. You can sit an angle finder on the ball joint and get a pretty accurate read out.

AngleFinder.jpg
I bought one of those last Fall, but could never seem to read it accurately due to the closeness of the hash marks. I ended up downloading a few iPhone apps and used one of them. For me, at least, the digital readout made it easier. They seemed just as accurate as the old school one.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm no expert, but pic 2 looks like a pretty avoidable situation.
It’s not without a 3 point turn, which brings us back to getting hung up while reversing. You can’t see the stump on the other side of the Jeep which basically chooses your line for you.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I bought one of those last Fall, but could never seem to read it accurately due to the closeness of the hash marks. I ended up downloading a few iPhone apps and used one of them. For me, at least, the digital readout made it easier. They seemed just as accurate as the old school one.
Yeah I have a little digital meter that I bought off Amazon. Those analog gauges are too hard to read for my old eye without being a yogi contortionist.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not everyone rock crawls, that's fine. I do rock crawl, and those geo correction brackets (and other brands) would not work well in the situations I PUT myself in intentionally. Saying you could have avoided that position? What kind of BS is that? I go out of my way to drive over stuff because that is my whole point in going on the trail. The harder the better (there is an upper limit)

The beautiful thing about Jeep ownership is there are so many awesome ways people enjoy them, and all of them are right.

If geo brackets work for your use case that's awesome. If they don't, that's cool too. Shoot, If I wasn't setting up a rock crawler I may even consider them

Regarding the angle finder, I use a super cheap one from Harbor Freight and have found it to be accurate enough and easy enough to read. Who knows, maybe I got the only one that is calibrated well.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Not everyone rock crawls, that's fine. I do rock crawl, and those geo correction brackets (and other brands) would not work well in the situations I PUT myself in intentionally. Saying you could have avoided that position? What kind of BS is that? I go out of my way to drive over stuff because that is my whole point in going on the trail. The harder the better (there is an upper limit)

The beautiful thing about Jeep ownership is there are so many awesome ways people enjoy them, and all of them are right.

If geo brackets work for your use case that's awesome. If they don't, that's cool too. Shoot, If I wasn't setting up a rock crawler I may even consider them

Regarding the angle finder, I use a super cheap one from Harbor Freight and have found it to be accurate enough and easy enough to read. Who knows, maybe I got the only one that is calibrated well.
The question was about what the caster is after install. Why do people who dont think they work for them keep showing up to tell everyone “how hard they wheel”

absolutely no one gives a fuck bro.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The question was about what the caster is after install. Why do people who dont think they work for them keep showing up to tell everyone “how hard they wheel”

Not exactly how it went down. Someone posted a photo of them and I was amazed at how low they hang and how flat the rear of the bracket is so I made a comment. It's the internet man, deal with it. Show me on the doll where my comment hurt you.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Yes, I did point out that it looked like he could have avoided that position as a response to his request about choosing better lines.

That's what kind of BS this is.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Yep, 4 pages (so far) that could have been resolved by a single response. That’s kind of how forums go

And the best part, still not resolved!

4LOWYO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 TJ Sport
I run the AEV brackets, they came with my lift. I never measured caster with the lift, but without the brackets, so I cannot speak to how much they actually changed caster. With everything installed, I was at 5.3 degrees. This was measured on the flat spot next to the diff cover, using a digital angle finder. I have since added Metalcloak arms, and brought my caster up to 6.8 degrees. Keep in mind this method of measurement is a little deceiving. There is 5 degrees built into to housing, so 0 at that spot is 5 degrees. (Someone can correct that if it’s wrong, been a minute since I was under there.) As far as durability goes, I do rock crawl, and they do occasionally take some hits. They do not seem to keep me from doing anything I need to on the trail, or driving 800ish miles home at 80 mph afterward.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
I routinely traverse trails with obstacles like these photos. As you can see in the 2nd pic I am high-centered on that large rock and has to back up to get a better line. I guarantee I would’ve done major damage to those brackets. I'm quite familiar with where the low-hanging fruit is on my Jeep and where I will get hung up. I have the Artec belly skid because it actually increases ground clearance. These brackets have a giant, flat hang point on the back side that would never work for me.
C7A81D12-664D-4FB6-961C-41D2F2ADF19C.jpeg
BA45A1D8-A459-4F54-9F9D-5E43A38C47FD.jpeg
Looks very similar to what I do with my jeep. No issues with the MC drop brackets.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Theyre the same.....the pics say it all.

rear LCA frame mount:
Jeep Wrangler JL Caster after AEV bracket install E5B15810-5291-4D14-8091-75643611AD79

front LCA geo bracket mount:
Jeep Wrangler JL Caster after AEV bracket install 69BF2C55-16EC-4FF1-B0D4-AF27F3771BDE

/thread

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Can you post some good photos of these?

My JLR dives like a submarine and launches like a drag car. I wonder if this could help.
Did some hard braking today. The truck dives less now than it did stock. No perceptible change to acceleration squat, though.

Hope that helps.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
This thread has provided both insight and entertainment.. weld some glide plates on them there brackets and carry on lol.

Carli makes those brackets for full size trucks... some guys run them and some don't (I never did), they don't make much sense for a long/radius arm application.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
This thread has provided both insight and entertainment.. weld some glide plates on them there brackets and carry on lol.

Carli makes those brackets for full size trucks... some guys run them and some don't (I never did), they don't make much sense for a long/radius arm application.
but bruh. Do you see how hard they wheel?

i agree. I dont think they make sense for a long arm. But for dialing in the dynamics of a short arm, theyre king.
Sponsored