First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Hey folks. Curious if anyone tracked their caster after lifting and using the AEV geo brackets.

how much did you lift? What setting in the bracket did you Use? What was your caster after?

thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Beuller.......beuller....?

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
AEV 2.5“ Dual Sport lift on JLUR. Got just above 3“ of lift. I used the middle setting on the castor setting. I did not get an alignment So I’m no help on after measurements. Got about 3000 miles on the lift and it drives great. No issues. If I would have known it was really a 3” lift I may have used the max setting on the shim.

8874114B-3B8B-4995-B884-97C99F7212DF.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
AEV 2.5“ Dual Sport lift on JLUR. Got just above 3“ of lift. I used the middle setting on the castor setting. I did not get an alignment So I’m no help on after measurements. Got about 3000 miles on the lift and it drives great. No issues. If I would have known it was really a 3” lift I may have used the max setting on the shim.

Jeep Wrangler JL Caster after AEV bracket install 8874114B-3B8B-4995-B884-97C99F7212DF
thanks for the feedback. Does the adjustment adjust the position for both the upper and lower? Or just one?

thanks

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Jeep Wrangler JL Caster after AEV bracket install 71F96A59-A953-404A-A9CA-DCD82B7E80FD

The bracket just lowers the attachment points for the upper and lower frame side of the control arms. The upper arm has the castor adjustment. It’s the square metal shim on the upper bolt. The hole is off center in the shim and how you rotate it sets the castor. If you zoom in you can see the notches on the corner of the shims. This position was the mid position. The instructions for the bracket has the instructions for placement of the shims.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
71F96A59-A953-404A-A9CA-DCD82B7E80FD.jpeg

The bracket just lowers the attachment points for the upper and lower frame side of the control arms. The upper arm has the castor adjustment. It’s the square metal shim on the upper bolt. The hole is off center in the shim and how you rotate it sets the castor. If you zoom in you can see the notches on the corner of the shims. This position was the mid position. The instructions for the bracket has the instructions for placement of the shims.
yep. Tracking all that. Trying to determine if people have found the recommended orientation of the shim resulted in “factory“ caster or what has been determined to be “optimal” caster.

Ill be up 3” which is upper spec for mid line orientation and wondering if Ill be better off going to the higher lift setting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Those brackets hang down so low that they wouldn't last a year under my rig. They also impose a huge hang up problem when in reverse.
nah. They arent at all. Theyre barely; if any; lower than the frame side rear lower control arm mount. Rock bashing is dumb anyway.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
nah. They arent at all. Theyre barely; if any; lower than the frame side rear lower control arm mount. Rock bashing is dumb anyway.
Lol, look at the picture. They attach to the frame side bracket and hang a good 2" below them. You don't have to be a rock basher to understand that those are gonna cause problems.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Lol, look at the picture. They attach to the frame side bracket and hang a good 2" below them. You don't have to be a rock basher to understand that those are gonna cause problems.
Actually. There is something you can help me with.

Help me understand why it is, exactly, you called this meeting.
Sponsored