Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
What kind of wheeling do you normally do

I do plan on installing a set of those. @Maximus-3 makes the brackets with skids to slightly mitigate the possibility of getting caught when reversing.

https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-front-geo-correction-brackets

There are always some "Mr. know it all" and "Mr. my way is the right way" like to chime in. Some modifications are situational people often forget.
its all good. You see that a lot with all kinds of things.

it does drop a single point of contact down a little, and ill measure it relative to other points for people to see. But i think this is one of those academic internet beliefs/stories thats been blown enormously out of proportion.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
its all good. You see that a lot with all kinds of things.

it does drop a single point of contact d
What kind of wheeling do you normally do

I do plan on installing a set of those. @Maximus-3 makes the brackets with skids to slightly mitigate the possibility of getting caught when reversing.

https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-front-geo-correction-brackets

There are always some "Mr. know it all" and "Mr. my way is the right way" like to chime in. Some modifications are situational people often forget.
I routinely traverse trails with obstacles like these photos. As you can see in the 2nd pic I am high-centered on that large rock and has to back up to get a better line. I guarantee I would’ve done major damage to those brackets. I'm quite familiar with where the low-hanging fruit is on my Jeep and where I will get hung up. I have the Artec belly skid because it actually increases ground clearance. These brackets have a giant, flat hang point on the back side that would never work for me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Caster after AEV bracket install C7A81D12-664D-4FB6-961C-41D2F2ADF19C
Jeep Wrangler JL Caster after AEV bracket install BA45A1D8-A459-4F54-9F9D-5E43A38C47FD

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I routinely traverse trails with obstacles like these photos. As you can see in the 2nd pic I am high-centered on that large rock and has to back up to get a better line. I guarantee I would’ve done major damage to those brackets.
C7A81D12-664D-4FB6-961C-41D2F2ADF19C.jpeg
BA45A1D8-A459-4F54-9F9D-5E43A38C47FD.jpeg
Youd have done no damage To those brackets Beyond the scrapes you have everywhere else under the belly of your jeep. Theyre made out of stamped steel and you can jack the truck up from them. Saying you’d rip them off is like saying youd rip your control arm mounts off or shock mounts off. Yes, it CAN happen, but its extremely unlikely and you arent “wheeling so hard” that would happen.

If you dont think theyre what you need for your jeep, fine, dont run them. But thats no what this fucking thread is about. Its about what the caster is after you install them at various lift heights at the various settings. I want the anti dive and better driving dynamics under load at speed, and I dont care if its costs me a couple extra scrapes along the way on account of a single point of the truck coming down in line with the rear control arm mount. Its just not that big a difference From a clearance perspective.

I think this is more about your need to be validated somehow about how you drive your truck than it is what the brackets can sustain or not sustain.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I routinely traverse trails with obstacles like these photos. As you can see in the 2nd pic I am high-centered on that large rock and has to back up to get a better line. I guarantee I would’ve done major damage to those brackets. I'm quite familiar with where the low-hanging fruit is on my Jeep and where I will get hung up. I have the Artec belly skid because it actually increases ground clearance. These brackets have a giant, flat hang point on the back side that would never work for me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Caster after AEV bracket install BA45A1D8-A459-4F54-9F9D-5E43A38C47FD
Love the Jeep! What rock sliders are those?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Youd have done no damage To those brackets Beyond the scrapes you have everywhere else under the belly of your jeep. Theyre made out of stamped steel and you can jack the truck up from them. Saying you’d rip them off is like saying youd rip your control arm mounts off or shock mounts off. Yes, it CAN happen, but its extremely unlikely and you arent “wheeling so hard” that would happen.

I think this is more about your need to be validated somehow about how you drive your truck than it is what the brackets can sustain or not sustain.
Lol, K. Physics isn't really your strong point eh? Again, I'm intimately familiar with exactly where things hang and have skids on all of the lowest points.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Lol, K. Physics isn't really your strong point eh? Again, I'm intimately familiar with exactly where things hang and have skids on all of the lowest points.
Please tell me how this is related to physics at all.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Love the Jeep! What rock sliders are those?
They're the Ace sliders. They perform really well but they look like they were welded by a third-grader. Can't say I recommend them. The only nice thing is they allow you to run the factory rock rails as well so the pinch seam is covered up. Maybe they've gotten somebody who's been welding for more than a couple weeks since I got mine though. Lol.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Please tell me how this is related to physics at all.
Check out Newton's laws. I'll paraphrase; object go fast towards object that doesn't move, one of those objects is gonna have a bad day. My guess is the 8000lb rock is gonna win.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Check out Newton's laws. I'll paraphrase; object go fast towards object that doesn't move, one of those objects is gonna have a bad day. My guess is the 8000lb rock is gonna win.
yeah...thats pretty much what i figured. Congratulations. Your application to the ignore list was accepted and processed. Lifetime membership starts immediately.

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase

If you dont think theyre what you need for your jeep, fine, dont run them. But thats no what this fucking thread is about. Its about what the caster is after you install them at various lift heights at the various settings. I want the anti dive and better driving dynamics under load at speed, and I dont care if its costs me a couple extra scrapes along the way on account of a single point of the truck coming down in line with the rear control arm mount. Its just not that big a difference From a clearance perspective.

If they don't work for you, move on.

This gladiator has evo drop brackets.. wheels like a beast. Maybe you need to take better lines.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I’ll take some pics of the brackets when it comes back from the alignment shop and let folks evaluate for themselves What’s best for them.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If they don't work for you, move on.

This gladiator has evo drop brackets.. wheels like a beast. Maybe you need to take better lines.
You guys are so sensitive. Was just giving some perspective from someone who actually wheels hard. Come out to the Pacific NW anytime and show me how to pick better lines. I'm always down to learn from an expert (Hint: ponytail guy ain't someone I'd consider even close to an expert.)

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
From what I can tell in the picture low hanging points aren't the issue. The issue is too much weight.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
You guys are so sensitive. Was just giving some perspective from someone who actually wheels hard. Come out to the Pacific NW anytime and show me how to pick better lines. I'm always down to learn from an expert (Hint: ponytail guy ain't someone I'd consider even close to an expert.)
I'm no expert, but pic 2 looks like a pretty avoidable situation.
Sponsored