First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
Charles Santana was the tech. I’m going to contact FCA direct. See if a claim was even submitted. Something just doesn’t feel right.
Man i'm sorry. that stinks. I had a different tech. I was curious because its been 2 weeks and no one has called me back yet
Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Man i'm sorry. that stinks. I had a different tech. I was curious because its been 2 weeks and no one has called me back yet
Squeaky wheel get's the the grease . Be a thorn in their ass until you get what you want !

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Whatever happened to testing and validation procedures? I read through this thread to page 14 and then my ADD maxed out. My 2021 JL should be built some time in early November 2020, so I hope the paint/body engineers have corrective action by then. Since the new aluminum/steel JL & JT Jeep bodies are built by FCA's body supplier, "KUKA Toledo" and then the body-in-white assembly, prior to paint, is shipped to the FCA Toledo North plant with the doors attached, there is no paint between the doors and door hinges. Only the electro-deposition coating applied at KUKA. I suspect some of the corrosion may be galvanic corrosion due to dissimilar metals. And some may be filiform corrosion on the aluminum parts due to moisture entering under the edge of the paint at the door to hinge interface, or some corrosion may be due to acid rain.

Maybe installing a mylar gasket, and/or applying primer/paint between the hinge and the aluminum door panel would help the corrosion issue. But what do I know, I'm just a hillbilly from the Ozarks.

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Whatever happened to testing and validation procedures? I read through this thread to page 14 and then my ADD maxed out. My 2021 JL should be built some time in early November 2020, so I hope the paint/body engineers have corrective action by then. Since the new aluminum/steel JL & JT Jeep bodies are built by FCA's body supplier, "KUKA Toledo" and then the body-in-white assembly, prior to paint, is shipped to the FCA Toledo North plant with the doors attached, there is no paint between the doors and door hinges. Only the electro-deposition coating applied at KUKA. I suspect some of the corrosion may be galvanic corrosion due to dissimilar metals. And some may be filiform corrosion on the aluminum parts due to moisture entering under the edge of the paint at the door to hinge interface, or some corrosion may be due to acid rain.

Maybe installing a mylar gasket, and/or applying primer/paint between the hinge and the aluminum door panel would help the corrosion issue. But what do I know, I'm just a hillbilly from the Ozarks.
Seems you have put more thought into this than FCA engineers have. It's really pathetic to have this problem (still. After many generations of Jeep hinge designs) along with many others. The doors have an internal beam coming unglued issue that causes clicking when opening and closing the doors. There's a long thread on that issue also....

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Seems you have put more thought into this than FCA engineers have. It's really pathetic to have this problem (still. After many generations of Jeep hinge designs) along with many others. The doors have an internal beam coming unglued issue that causes clicking when opening and closing the doors. There's a long thread on that issue also....
Engineers, HA! I'd take the hillbilly fix anytime.

tsexton105

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
This week's update from me: 61 days now without my JL. Got one call from someone at FCA, he said he would get back to me within one week. That was two weeks ago. Absolutely useless. Nothing from @JeepCares. Failure on so many levels.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Buybac
This week's update from me: 61 days now without my JL. Got one call from someone at FCA, he said he would get back to me within one week. That was two weeks ago. Absolutely useless. Nothing from @JeepCares. Failure on so many levels.
Time to order your 2021...courtesy of FCA

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Buybac

Time to order your 2021...courtesy of FCA
After 61 Days without a Jeep he's making payments on, He'd probably consider the Bronco before another Wrangler.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
61 days???!!
This is so wrong on so many levels.

I hope they make this right for you! If they even still can in your eyes

Sponsored

xTITANx

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP JL Rubicon 2 Door
I just noticed mine had this today after I washed, but on the hood under the latches. They are pretty big too. Going to schedule an inspection asap.

tsexton105

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
I went to the dealer yesterday to pick up my JL after 66 days. I was told that all 4 doors were replaced and the hood and rear gate were being painted. The doors were replaced, but the paint match was quite poor. They used so much metallic paint that my doors look like disco balls. The B pillar looks like a dull stripe! As for the hood and the rear gate, they did nothing. The bubbling on and around those hinges is still there! Before I left my JL at the dealer, I took a stroll to their used lot. The first 3 JL's I inspected ALL had bubbling on and around the hinges. @JeepCares !!!!!!

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I went to the dealer yesterday to pick up my JL after 66 days. I was told that all 4 doors were replaced and the hood and rear gate were being painted. The doors were replaced, but the paint match was quite poor. They used so much metallic paint that my doors look like disco balls. The B pillar looks like a dull stripe! As for the hood and the rear gate, they did nothing. The bubbling on and around those hinges is still there! Before I left my JL at the dealer, I took a stroll to their used lot. The first 3 JL's I inspected ALL had bubbling on and around the hinges. @JeepCares !!!!!!
Thats terrible. Truly.

I should be getting mine back this afternoon. Only took almost three weeks for mine, but I think the shop did a good job. Can't wait to see it