2018 JL Rubicon. Paint bubbling at door hinges

Tamilvh

First Name
Tami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Has anyone had issues getting this covered on warranty? It just happened on my 2018 JL Rubicon. It appears to be spreading fast . I talked to dealer he said it's probably not covered by warranty. He was going to look into it next week. I bought it 4/2018. I even bought the extended warranty. Ugh.
I'd prefer to get done at a good body shop I know rather than dealer...is that an option if it is covered by warranty? This sucks....I hate having to paint a vehicle...it's never same as factory. But also can't have this ugly bubbling. Looks bad.
Sponsored

Pra3torian

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SportS
I'm sorry, but don't let your dealer push you around. I have the same issue. Paint bubbling on both doors (bottom) and the corner of the hood. On top of the insane issue that is appropriately named deathwobble, I now have to deal with rust or fn corrosion, whatever they want to call it. I've had it. My JL is 2 yrs old and have spent too much time at my dealer. My dealer is painting half of my truck and have replaced the steering gear box, 2 steering stabilizers, a track bar and 2 tie rod ends. If I have one more issue I will invoke Connecticut's lemon law and suggest that you threaten your dealer w/the same. If your Jeep is still under warranty, they know a phone call from the State and your dealer would be forced to replace your vehicle. I have a friend that did just that.

Leaton

First Name
Lori Eaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Has anyone had issues getting this covered on warranty? It just happened on my 2018 JL Rubicon. It appears to be spreading fast . I talked to dealer he said it's probably not covered by warranty. He was going to look into it next week. I bought it 4/2018. I even bought the extended warranty. Ugh.
I'd prefer to get done at a good body shop I know rather than dealer...is that an option if it is covered by warranty? This sucks....I hate having to paint a vehicle...it's never same as factory. But also can't have this ugly bubbling. Looks bad.
I
I'm also experiencing bubbling paint popping up on both front doors and my rear door. So angry! This was not there when we bought it 4 months ago!

blues143

First Name
pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
My 2018 was purchased 3/18 and I just noticed the bubbling paint around my door hinges and front of hood as well. My wife's jeep being white it was really hard to see. I stopped in at the dealer to show them and see if it was covered. I only have 54,000 miles on this jeep which is always garaged and in perfect shape. I'm so bummed seeing all the paint issuers popping up. we"ll see what Jeep says. they said it would take a week to get a response back....@JeepCares

Sponsored

Marbleman33

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 4 Door
My 2022 JLU. I went to take the doors off and I no paint and calcified(white stuff) on all four doors up and down. Car is under warranty. They said they would order new doors and hinges and the manager said he would by it back Plus 8k and has a 2024 Rubicon Plus 20K.

First thought is F Fix it. Second Thought is F Fix it. Before I call it a lemon.

Thoughts?

fspalt

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My 2022 JLU. I went to take the doors off and I no paint and calcified(white stuff) on all four doors up and down. Car is under warranty. They said they would order new doors and hinges and the manager said he would by it back Plus 8k and has a 2024 Rubicon Plus 20K.

First thought is F Fix it. Second Thought is F Fix it. Before I call it a lemon.

Thoughts?

Do you have any pictures of this? I have never taken doors off but my door bolts have white residue on the bottoms.

desiboo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
My 2018 was purchased 3/18 and I just noticed the bubbling paint around my door hinges and front of hood as well. My wife's jeep being white it was really hard to see. I stopped in at the dealer to show them and see if it was covered. I only have 54,000 miles on this jeep which is always garaged and in perfect shape. I'm so bummed seeing all the paint issuers popping up. we"ll see what Jeep says. they said it would take a week to get a response back....@JeepCares

Any luck? I am seeing corrosion on my 2018. It's at the dealer now but my warranty expired 03/07/2023. Waiting to hear back but super bummed and discouraged at this point.

DJrutty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Any luck? I am seeing corrosion on my 2018. It's at the dealer now but my warranty expired 03/07/2023. Waiting to hear back but super bummed and discouraged at this point.
Hey, Im in the same situation - my corrosion warranty expired in March 2023 as well. What decision have you made? Im considering a DIY repair. My corrosion is on all doors including hood and tailgate. I can get all 12 hinges for around $1300. Id just need to decide how to paint them and the doors after sanding.

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
This issue is WELL known and covered under warranty for 5 years from when it was first sold and 100k miles, if you purchased on 3/18 you JUST missed the warranty it appears. If you're polite yet persistent you might get a good will coverage, if the dealer balks try Jeep Cares or calling Stellantis directly. There's at least two revisions of a TSB, so Jeep formally recognizes this is an issue.

Sponsored

JTKC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Mine is getting covered but they wont cover a rental on a 2 week repair. If its warranty work i should get a rental. This is jeeps responsibility @JeepCares
Getting the work done via olathe dodge jerp in kansas.

Screenshot_20230707_122326_Messages.jpg

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mine is getting covered but they wont cover a rental on a 2 week repair. If its warranty work i should get a rental. This is jeeps responsibility @JeepCares

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JL Rubicon.  Paint bubbling at door hinges Screenshot_20230707_122326_Messages
Thanks for tagging our team. We'd be happy to look into your situation further, please send a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Puregrains

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JL Rubicon.  Paint bubbling at door hinges Screenshot_20230707_122326_Messages
I took my 19 Moab in on the 3rd of this month to Olathe, and have not been able to get the guy I had take pictures of my doors/hood and radio (laminate problems) to call me back. Skipped other KS dealerships because of lack of confidence in them. Have always had better service with Olathe, but its a 35 mins drive.

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
I have an '18 JL Mojito.(bought it with 10k miles on it from dealership) I noticed some bumpy areas where the door hinge attaches on the outside, and just assumed it's sloppy welding. Just recently noticed that the bumpy area is now cracking on some of the hinges. My car's body is otherwise in perfect shape, no scratches or dings, etc. I HAVE to get this fixed or it's going to rust! Is this covered under a warranty?

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
I'm sorry, but don't let your dealer push you around. I have the same issue. Paint bubbling on both doors (bottom) and the corner of the hood. On top of the insane issue that is appropriately named deathwobble, I now have to deal with rust or fn corrosion, whatever they want to call it. I've had it. My JL is 2 yrs old and have spent too much time at my dealer. My dealer is painting half of my truck and have replaced the steering gear box, 2 steering stabilizers, a track bar and 2 tie rod ends. If I have one more issue I will invoke Connecticut's lemon law and suggest that you threaten your dealer w/the same. If your Jeep is still under warranty, they know a phone call from the State and your dealer would be forced to replace your vehicle. I have a friend that did just that.
Interesting. I am already frustrated with the Jeep runaround with this. My dealer in Boulder CO sent me to a dealership outside of Denver, since Boulder has no bodyshop. The Autonation I called was extremely UNHelpful and the lady said it's a long complicated process and blah blah blah and ws very unwilling to offer help of any kind. I hung on on her.
Sponsored